Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cast iron I cleaned up earlier this year...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good job

Comment

Very nice. I like cast iron cooking.

Comment

Originally posted by huntinfool View Post
        I did some for my FIL. I have a bead blaster and I used it to clean it up and then heated it up real good and oiled it. Came out great.
        My son sandblast mine at his work.

Comment

You did a good job. I've several pieces that I need to clean up and put back into service.

Comment

I have been collecting and cleaning cast iron for years. You did a fine job. Good looking skillet !

Comment

I always use a drill with a wire brush to clean them if they are that bad. I have a couple I need to clean and season.

Comment

Great job. I have a couple of skillets I need to clean up as well.

Comment

Anybody in the dallas area want to clean a couple for me? Don't mind paying, not sure what I am doing and don't want to mess them up

Comment

Looks great! Good to know for when I get some cast iron

Comment

Originally posted by perow View Post
                      Anybody in the dallas area want to clean a couple for me? Don't mind paying, not sure what I am doing and don't want to mess them up
                      How bad are they Spencer? I've never done one, but wouldn't be afraid to try. I've got one out in the garage I need to get back into service.

Comment

I bought some cast iron baking pans, skillets and fajita skillets at a Garage sale last year. They were all rusty when I bought them. I need to clean these up but wasn't for sure the proper way to get rid of the rust. I have access to a bead blaster. I guess I will be cleaning these up soon.

Comment

Originally posted by perow View Post
                          If I were closer, I'd be happy to help. That said, there is no way to mess up the electrolysis. That is, you won't be able to damage the iron. You can only improve it. That's what convinced me to give it a try. Anyway, best of luck.

Comment

Working...
                          X