Pontoon rehab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bobc View Post
    First time I have heard of this product, and just googled it. Thinking about it for a dock we’re gonna build for our tank. Cant find price info on it. For comparison purposes, how much more is it likely to cost for your boat than something like 3/4 treated plywood?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Treated wood and aluminum don't play nice. Would be fine galvanized though depending on what foundation you're building on.

Comment

Look into 1/4 or 3/8 FRP (fiberglass reinforcement plastic). That stuff is stout. We use it all the time on Mockups at NASA

Hoggslayer

Comment

Going with marine grade 5/8 plywood. May spray the underside and edges with several coats of Thompson water seal. I need the top to be porous for the glue used for the boat grade vinyl flooring. if I seal the top the glue will not be able to gas.

Comment

Looking good.

Comment

Where are you getting the new furniture and console from?

Comment

In for this!

Comment

Originally posted by trozy55 View Post
                Where are you getting the new furniture and console from?
                Pontoonstuff.com

2240.00 delivered

Comment

Polishing has begun!
                  Attached Files

Comment

Got the old deck off. The screws were not budging without head stripping. Couldn't drill them out as they are stainless and even with oil i was burning up bits. So , i used a hole saw on the edge of the bolts to get the deck up. Now I will sawzall the leftovers off.

Back to polishing.
                    Attached Files

Comment

I'm looking forward to seeing the finished project.

Comment

Spearchunker, rather than using Thompsons sealer, coat the marine grade plywood with epoxy. You should be able to coat the top as well. Site I used for my rebuilds- http://www.uscomposites.com

Comment

In

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
                            Spearchunker, rather than using Thompsons sealer, coat the marine grade plywood with epoxy. You should be able to coat the top as well. Site I used for my rebuilds- http://www.uscomposites.com
                            I like the idea, I will research for sure.

Comment

Need some soda, glass or sand blast input. The rails are a bit pitted and not polishing up like the toons. I was thinking maybe blasting them?

I found pretty affordable guns on Amazon. Not sure what media to try. I dont think the rails are solid aluminum. Might blast them and paint? Or just blast to clean them up.

Any ideas or input?

I can get new fence (sheet metal insert) for under 150 so returning the vinyl wrap. Just trying to clean up rails now.

Comment

Blast aluminum with walnut shell.

Hoggslayer

Comment

Working...
                                X