Bowtech Assassin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bowtech Assassin

Shot one for the first time today. It will be my first bow, if I go with this one. RAK price = $650. After arrows and release and tax, It'll run about $800. This is the top of my price range. I'm going to shoot others before I buy one. I'm just wanting to get the GS thoughts on this bow. And yes, I got my first bow hickey and learned what not to do. He also let me shoot the Heli-m but it is way outta my price range at this time. All input is appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

3rd edit.... 30dl and 60lbs.
    Last edited by icetrauma; 07-10-2012, 04:46 PM.

Sorry for the 2nd post but I didn't have a lot of time to shoot and didn't want volume overload at the time. Spent some time talking to Jr, at Santa Fe Archery, good guy and very helpfull.

Comment

Assasin is a great bow. There aren't many bows that will do all that one will do for the price. Plus lifetime warranty.

It isn't a "starter" bow. It's a real deal pro former. Don't get caught up on price tags or advertising. There are better sights and quivers on the market... But you can always up grade that once you know more about what you like and don't like.

Comment

I just bought one a few months ago, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Comment

My son has one and he loves it.

Comment

Originally posted by SMOOTHboar View Post
            Assasin is a great bow. There aren't many bows that will do all that one will do for the price. Plus lifetime warranty.

It isn't a "starter" bow. It's a real deal pro former. Don't get caught up on price tags or advertising. There are better sights and quivers on the market... But you can always up grade that once you know more about what you like and don't like.
            That's the plan.

Comment

I have an Insanity and Assassins, 2 of them.
              My Assassins will be going to the woods with me.
              I'v hunted with a lot of great bows in my life, and I think the Assassin is the best hunting bow I've ever had.
              The Admiral was sweeter in hand, but the Assassin is simply a great hunting bow.

Comment

I got mine at Santa Fe archery in Jan and I love mine. I think you'll be happy with it.

Comment

I'm going to pick one of these up in about a month. This will be my first bow as well. Done a lot of research but have yet to shoot one. Plan on going to Double G this weekend to check it out. Good luck and let us know what you end up going with.

Comment

i am also looking at one i looked at onetoday held it it felt good but still looking trying to find the best onefore me and my first bow also i really like the black op's one tho =) 639 here at the bowtech shop

Comment

I've had mine for about a year and absoultely love it.(First Bow Ever) Thie price is right and the performance is excellent. I highly recommend this bow and don't plan on buying anything else for a while. I shoot with guys who spent more money on more high end bows and to be honest theres not much of a difference. Mine is a 70lb 29" beast. I shoot the Carbon Express Mayhem Hunters which produces 295 FPS. My buddy shoots the Invasion and get 298 FPS with my arrows; same lbs and draw length. He is slightly more accurate but I think its him, not the bow. The bow is hard to beat.

Comment

I've had mine since Feb 2011 and I love it. It wasn't my first bow but it was my first new bow. I have since shot many bows and have yet to shoot one that made me want to get rid of my Assassin. Price wise, this bow can't be beat either.

Comment

I shot one at my local shop. Man this thing is great smooth quite 80% release i thought i was going to have to push the release to start the shot. I shoot with an old Pearson Renagade II thats about 20 years old still shoots good but man the difference was like night and day. They got them for like $369 with the RAC package. Going to buy one for me and i think the DS for my wife. Lower weight so she can ad weight as needed.

Comment

I love mine. I would suggest getting a 70lb bow. You will adjust quickly and wish you had the 70lbs. I ended up getting a new sight, damper, and rest. I wish they sold the bow bare, I could have saved some cash.

Comment

Originally posted by eaglegolfj View Post
                              I shot one at my local shop. Man this thing is great smooth quite 80% release i thought i was going to have to push the release to start the shot. I shoot with an old Pearson Renagade II thats about 20 years old still shoots good but man the difference was like night and day. They got them for like $369 with the RAC package. Going to buy one for me and i think the DS for my wife. Lower weight so she can ad weight as needed.
                              $369 for the Bowtech Assassin RAK? That's dirt cheap.

Originally posted by Bybotie View Post
                              I love mine. I would suggest getting a 70lb bow. You will adjust quickly and wish you had the 70lbs. I ended up getting a new sight, damper, and rest. I wish they sold the bow bare, I could have saved some cash.
                              The guy at the shop said it is adjustable up to 70lbs. I do plan on upgrading parts as time goes on.

Comment

Working...
                              X