Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How was Austin?

Checking in on the first day

I heard 11 shooters on saturday. they were looking for a big crowd on sunda7y.

Comment

Austin wasn't bad...a bit stretched out more than usual...a lot of uphill/downhill shots, not too many shooters Sunday...I'm guessing 25 or so, overall a decent layout, some targets were difficult for the "vertically challenged" but overall a good shoot.

Comment

We started to give them a try but shot at a club shoot between Houston and Beaumont on sat. Golden Triangle Bowhunters. Absolutly one of the best shoots we have been to. No straight forward shots. you really had to think about it hard. All animals were in good shape and it was a 30 target shoot. Buffalo,Elk,Alligator - they had them all. 1st Sat each month. went to Buffalo Archery in Houston on Sunday - 20 animals - nothing special. Maybe we should try Austin next time?

Comment

Wanted to say thanks to the Austin Archery for putting this on. Was a fun shot and had a great time all except the down hill ride on the way in. Not meant to go down on a Harley pulling a trailer. Think I'll park at the top and walk down next time. Had fun thanks to all.

Comment

Different

Originally posted by SWilson View Post
            We started to give them a try but shot at a club shoot between Houston and Beaumont on sat. Golden Triangle Bowhunters. Absolutly one of the best shoots we have been to. No straight forward shots. you really had to think about it hard. All animals were in good shape and it was a 30 target shoot. Buffalo,Elk,Alligator - they had them all. 1st Sat each month. went to Buffalo Archery in Houston on Sunday - 20 animals - nothing special. Maybe we should try Austin next time?
            Austin will be different for you...it is alot of uphill/downhill shots that take away yardage...kinda like a toned down Eastland course.

Comment

Austin has a great course. With extreme up hill and down hill shots. I liked it. I missed the first couple of shots. I guess that I need to practice those kind of shots.. I still managed to come in second place after a back and forth battle with Arvin. Good game Arvin! Mel Sowell came in first.

Comment

You'd Think...

That with LESS than 50 shooters, the scores would be up already...guess the South Zone has alot to do to catch up with the North in this ASA thingy...

Comment

Whoa, Davik. You never know what kind of problems they might have had with the paper work. Some of these clubs haven't done this kind of paperwork before and do not understand the importance of getting the scores to the right people. I myself did not have the correct email address, which delayed getting the BCAC scores up.

Comment

Not so...you guys got the scores to the website in a timely manner...and had twice the number of shooters...50 shooters should be nothing to send along with an email and finish the job in a timely, prompt and efficient manner...sorry, Tracey, but I'm a little dismayed about the way things are being looked after...there should be almost no gap between a shoot ending and the proper people getting the scores on these things. It's not just ASA Texas, it's all the clubs...they want my money as fast as possible, and won't let me shoot without paying, but when the shoot is over, that's it...everybody just shuts down...the job isn't over until the scores are posted...look at club websites...most of the local clubs haven't posted a score for the last month or two...no excuses.Sorry.

Comment

Somehow Dave I knew you would be the first to ask about scores. IMO this would be better addressed with a PM to Mike Smith rather than another post asking the same questions about scores being posted. If I/WE do not have the numbers, we cannot post them. Simple as that. I have no idea the who or why or anything else, and it is not my responsibility to chase all this information down. If this were a paying gig, things might be different, including attitudes. But it isn't. For anybody involved. It is 100% volunteer, and if it matters that much to you, why would you not offer some of your time to pitch in and help out? That might make a bigger difference than your $$ in the overall picture of how things get done.

I will say that if we get the scores today they will be posted.

Comment

You may have noticed that I did not say anything about the website not posting the scores, as I know you don't have them...and yes, I know yours is not a paying gig, and I applaud you for volunteering your time and effort...that being said, the scores are still nowhere to be found. ..and yes, I am score conscious and waited until 4 full days after the contest to ask about them. I have a very time sensitive job, and if I were this late with results, i would be in hot water...and it seems that these clubs are dragging their feet when they could have easily sent the scores the evening of the shoot instead of waiting till they get around to it...I know this endeavour is a massive one, and that the upkeep of the website is a big job, but it's still no excuse for not finishing the job at hand. I have offered several of these clubs my volunteer time to post scores and have been politely turned down...and that's fine, although I think the posting of scores from ANY club shoot, ASA Qualifier, or national shoot should be published in a timely manner in this age of electronic communication.Again, don't think I'm criticizing you or your staff about this...I'm not.

Comment

I hope no one takes this the wrong way. Don't get me wrong I enjoy looking at the scores as much as the next guy. Once you have shot in a few shoots you pretty much know what score is going to take a class, and you know your score. So why is it important to see the scores in a timely manner? Again I look through the scores just to see how fellow shooters did. I know my name is not going to be at the top before I ever even look. Just wondering why it is important to others, I know why I look.

Comment

It's like watching a race and leaving before the end, or a ball game and then leaving an inning early...it really doesn't matter, it's just finalizing the contest...some of us keep stats on SOY and national score trends, and such...it really shouldn't be that big of a deal...scores are posted on a computer at the shoots, it should be just a click to upload them to a website from there. I was just asking a question and making a comment...sorry.

Comment

No apology needed! I was just curious. I understand the "why".

Comment

Working...
                              X