Best Broadhead on the Market?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skullworks52 View Post
    When looking at the bh tune charts. It says to increse bow lbs or piont weight. After doing so and looking at beemans arrow chart im perfect for spline and my bow is laser tuned. could it just be the bh?
    I have never seen a broadhead that couldn't be tuned to hit with field points. That's not to say there isn't ones out there cause I haven't shot em all but everything I've ever shot could
    Be tuned to hit right with field points with some rest and center shot adjustment. Depending on the harness on your bow you may be able to fix it with a couple twists in or out of the harness. I'd check there after u have tried, paper, walk back and broadhead tuning first.

Comment

my arrows come out straight as pie.

Comment

Originally posted by Skullworks52 View Post
        my arrows come out straight as pie.
        Just askin. Dont get offended. You know this how??? Have walked back tuned to to ensure everything is stacking vertical? If your heads are that much off, along with the straight fletch, somethin is outta kilter. Muzzy, Thunder Head, alotta the older names Ive always made fly with field tips at high speed. Especially the Thead 100. I shot it for about 5 years.
        Last edited by JW; 07-23-2012, 02:45 PM.

Comment

I like the G5 T3, had some bad expierence with Rage not blowing all the way through.... but thats jmo

Comment

Like a Canon ball. The new RAGE Nuke.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by elkbowhunter View Post
              Like a Canon ball. The new RAGE Nuke.
              You Again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Last edited by Slick8; 07-23-2012, 04:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SMOOTHboar View Post
                  How are those any good? Looks like your pocket knife did all the work...
                  To be honest I started shooting them late last season after my third poor blood trail from a 2 blade rage just this year. All rage deer were recoved but very little blood.

I started shooting these after reading some good reports on here about them. They fly spot on with my field points, zipped through that doe and leave a nasty hold. From the front they look like a 3 blade rage once deployed.

FYI, the knife was there for reference to the size of the gaping hole.

Do a search on here and give them a try.

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
                    To be honest I started shooting them late last season after my third poor blood trail from a 2 blade rage just this year. All rage deer were recoved but very little blood.

I started shooting these after reading some good reports on here about them. They fly spot on with my field points, zipped through that doe and leave a nasty hold. From the front they look like a 3 blade rage once deployed.

FYI, the knife was there for reference to the size of the gaping hole.

Do a search on here and give them a try.
                    The whole was vicious for sure. I was making a jest. Those BH leave a lot of carnage.

I have ordered 6 125gr BH to hunt with this season. I look forward to using them.
                    Last edited by SMOOTHboar; 07-23-2012, 04:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
                      Just askin. Dont get offended. You know this how??? Have walked back tuned to to ensure everything is stacking vertical? If your heads are that much off, along with the straight fletch, somethin is outta kilter. Muzzy, Thunder Head, alotta the older names Ive always made fly with field tips at high speed. Especially the Thead 100. I shot it for about 5 years.
                      I know lol but i bare shaft tuned.

Comment

I like the sharp pointy ones the best!

As for your second question: if your broadheads don't match your field tips, your bow's not tuned. Bare shaft, like that laser are only a starting point. The method that's worked best for me, that Ragin' mentioned, is walk back tuning paired with Easton's tuning chart.

Comment

Well, for what it's worth, a RAGE 2 blade works very well when the pm is done to prevent "premature expansion"

Because I forget sometimes to do that, I have grown VERY fond of a GRIM REAPER.

Last year, I hunted with each and shot.a deer with each. Reaper had better blood and shorter trail. Both shots were through the heart. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343098945.130236.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	24097031Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343099002.105659.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	31.9 KB
ID:	24097033Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343099024.268147.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	24097034Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343099122.967358.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	24097035Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343099159.451134.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	24097036
                          Attached Files

Comment

Three blade muzzy all the way for me. I have shot animals with ten different broad heads over the years. For me mechanicals have too much of a chance to fail in some way and I hunt way to hard to chance it.

A couple years ago I got pass throughs on three 100#+ hogs with same arrow without changing blades.

In the end the best broad head is one you have confidence that you put in the vitals no matter what.

For me that's muzzy 3blade followed closely by thunderhead 3blade.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
                              So with bh tuning I should move my arrow rest toward the riser. (right handed). If I move that then shouldnt my field tips shoot more to the right?

Comment

it all comes down to what your comfortable with i shoot rage
                                haven't lost anything I've shot
                                good enough for me

Posted from Texasbowhunter.com App for Android

Comment

Working...
                                X