Bitcoin...Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by In-Yo-Grill View Post
    I think you have to own bitcoin so that you can get ripple from a different exchange like bitfinex or kracken.
    You can get verified at teir three to buy Ripple but it takes a couple o days and their website has been crashing! I am sure the are under a heavy load of new people trying to get in.

Comment

I think you have to own bitcoin so that you can get ripple from a different exchange like bitfinex or kracken.
      How much bitcoin do you have to have?

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
        How much bitcoin do you have to have?
        No where near enough. I did buy some when other said "it was too late" and it's still gone up exponentially and doesn't seem to be going down yet.

For now I want to play it as a currency and build it up little by little. Still feels like a pretty steep learning curve ahead.

Comment

How does one go about getting in on it now?

Comment

Originally posted by LROSE View Post
            How does one go about getting in on it now?
            I did coinbase a couple days ago.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
              I did coinbase a couple days ago.
              PMing you now..

Comment

Got to admit...it's like a car wreck or any other dirty laundry, hard to look away.

Really want to see what happens when they start offering futures. Will prices go off the hizzle?
                There's no way to know. Will they manipulate futures to get bit coin to rise or vice versa?

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                  There's no way to know. Will they manipulate futures to get bit coin to rise or vice versa?
                  At first I was excited to hear about bitcoin being traded in the futures market. Now I'm not so sure. Seems like the futures market is people being skeptical on both sides of the coin. Pun intended...

I expect Coinbase to be slow and laggy come Sunday when the Cboe future kick off. I got a little bit and am parking it "HODL" to see what happens.

Comment

Four hardest words to say: "I Made a mistake"
                    Initially, I made over 8,000% on bitcoin and sold most of it at $1,200. Kept 20 bitcoin and the price remained in the $200-$300 range a few years, then when it got to $1,600, I sold out even though experts were saying it would go to $30,000 in time.
                    Kick myself in the arse now!

Comment

Originally posted by oldtestamentman View Post
                      Four hardest words to say: "I Made a mistake"
                      Initially, I made over 8,000% on bitcoin and sold most of it at $1,200. Kept 20 bitcoin and the price remained in the $200-$300 range a few years, then when it got to $1,600, I sold out even though experts were saying it would go to $30,000 in time.
                      Kick myself in the arse now!
                      Don't be down on yourself. You probably didn't need that measly extra 168K.

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
                        Don't be down on yourself. You probably didn't need that measly extra 168K.
                        Yep...inflation alone will eat that up in the next couple of years.

Comment

I tapped into my Bitcoin mainly to buy land.
                          I know my dirt ain't going anywhere anytime soon, so lets see what happens long term.
                          I still have a boat full of Iraq Dinar ;-) now that is a long shot at 1184/1 US dollar. Hey The Marshall plan? History always repeats itself...And they have allot of oil and Solomon's riches buried somewhere in them hills ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by oldtestamentman View Post
                            I tapped into my Bitcoin mainly to buy land.
                            I know my dirt ain't going anywhere anytime soon, so lets see what happens long term.
                            I still have a boat full of Iraq Dinar ;-) now that is a long shot at 1184/1 US dollar. Hey The Marshall plan? History always repeats itself...And they have allot of oil and Solomon's riches buried somewhere in them hills ;-)
                            Bitcoin is the first to break unimaginable barriers. There will be others that take it to the "next" level and find better uses for the technology.

Comment

Is it even worth my time to toss $500-1000 in this?

Or has the time come and gone? Seems like a lot of analysts and "experts" are expecting this to keep rising over the next several years.

I'm a noob and have only been reading about 20 minutes about this. Point me in the right direction because at the minimum I would enjoy learning more about it and the pros/cons to investing in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

For the ripple guys. I don't have the patience right now...but this seems like the best explanation:

This is a how to guide for buying and storing Ripple (XRP). I'm writing this guide for those who are very new to cryptocurrency, and I will take the time to expand on each step that is happening throughout the process. If you have any questions about any of the steps, terms, or process, please...

Comment

Working...
                                X