No announcement yet.

American Gods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ahhh, humm, not sure about this genre for me! Not family friendly for sure. The gay scene was just downright weird.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
      Not family friendly for sure. The gay scene was just downright weird.

Yea I don't know if he wrote that just to clip Islam into his book or what, felt like it was filler even there. Definitely be fast forwarding thru just like I did when I read the book.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

NOPE.

In its third episode, American Gods already subverts expectations as nimbly as anything on television. That’s doubly surprising in a series based (reasonably faithfully, so far) on a well-known, well-loved novel, but it’s simple to explain. The unexpectedness of “Head Full Of Snow” resides not only in its action, but…

Comment

I read all of that.....thanks!
          Yep......the premise of this series is probably not aimed at me. I will probably see what the next episode brings (if I remember ). This show is definitely not what the critic wrote about in your link nor what the geeky fans posted in the remarks! Now I really can't wait for Game of Thrones if this is considered good.....lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
            I read all of that.....thanks!
            Yep......the premise of this series is probably not aimed at me. I will probably see what the next episode brings (if I remember ). This show is definitely not what the critic wrote about in your link nor what the geeky fans posted in the remarks! Now I really can't wait for Game of Thrones if this is considered good.....lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
            I have to admit I am a bit biased as I had not heard of the book and only heard of the show yesterday in a news article praising the show for being the first to show the most explicit gay sex scene ever in television. Nothing against gays and maybe this is prejudiced but I just don't want to see it.

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
              I have to admit I am a bit biased as I had not heard of the book and only heard of the show yesterday in a news article praising the show for being the first to show the most explicit gay sex scene ever in television. Nothing against gays and maybe this is prejudiced but I just don't want to see it.
              Bingo!!! I wish I had seen that article and I would not have tuned in either. The scence was out of place and literally put there to get a wow factor......it got a WTH from me! I was looking at the show because so many TBHers were reading the book or had read the books and said how good they were. Heck, I figured it was like GOT as I had never heard of those books either but TBHers were pumped up so I tuned in and really like it a lot.

Comment

Working...
              X