Wait for form 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JohnS View Post
    Any idea on what's going on with the waits?
    Theres probably been as many submissions in the last year as there has the previous 2-3 years combined before that

Comment

Ya I don't doubt it.

Comment

Contacted Jake yesterday and he said he was pretty sure my tax stamps came in last week when he was out hunting! Whoop!!

Said yesterday I could pick them up Thursday.... Sure hope he was talking about today Thursday

Comment

For those that have gone through the Form 1, what are the status changes along the way?

I called ATF this morning to check on my Form 1, and still in the Pending state since June 6.

What's next, will it go straight to approved or are there other steps in the middle?

Comment

Originally posted by Creedmore View Post
            For those that have gone through the Form 1, what are the status changes along the way?

I called ATF this morning to check on my Form 1, and still in the Pending state since June 6.

What's next, will it go straight to approved or are there other steps in the middle?
            Should go straight to approved (unless its not approved)

you should be about 10-20 days away I believe (If I was a betting man)

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
              Should go straight to approved (unless its not approved)

you should be about 10-20 days away I believe (If I was a betting man)
              I sure hope you're right.

Comment

Originally posted by Creedmore View Post

I sent mine in on 4/1 it was pending on 4/15. The date on the stamp was 8/24 I got it in the mail on 9/12. I don't know what steps they did from 4/15 to 8/24 but it must have been a lot lol.

Comment

I have been thinking seriously about getting/making a supressor for my 6.8. I have been reading this thread and it looks like the wait is about 4 months right now....that sucks. I do have a few questions. I see that silencerco has a cheap trust that you can do but I am wondering how safe/thorough it is. I have been reading up a bit on trusts and it seems like you really need your crap straight for it to function correctly ( where the suppressor goes when you die, who can possess it etc ) What are yalls thoughts on the cheap options not actually being done by a lawyer?

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
                    I have been thinking seriously about getting/making a supressor for my 6.8. I have been reading this thread and it looks like the wait is about 4 months right now....that sucks. I do have a few questions. I see that silencerco has a cheap trust that you can do but I am wondering how safe/thorough it is. I have been reading up a bit on trusts and it seems like you really need your crap straight for it to function correctly ( where the suppressor goes when you die, who can possess it etc ) What are yalls thoughts on the cheap options not actually being done by a lawyer?

Actually the silencerco trust is one that the ATF has specifically made comments about being trouble ridden.

You would be much better off paying a little more and having a lawyer that is well versed in NFA trusts do it for you.

Sean Cody in Houston and Cole Bryan in Ft Worth are 2 good ones.

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
                      The shop I used did the trust for free when I paid for my can. My wait wasn't any longer or shorter than those that paid 400 bucks

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                        The shop I used did the trust for free when I paid for my can. My wait wasn't any longer or shorter than those that paid 400 bucks
                        The problem with gun shop trusts is not long wait times. .. it's down the road when a trust is really worth is weight in gold.

EasyTrust: Problems reported David McCleary a Michigan Gun Trust Lawyer written about the problems he  has seen with the so called EasyTrust Gun Trust by Silencerco.  Today I received an email ...

Do some research.. you're going to want to... a gun trust is not just about getting things approved now.. it's about protecting your loved ones when you pass on.

Comment

Originally posted by Coach W View Post
                          The problem with gun shop trusts is not long wait times. .. it's down the road when a trust is really worth is weight in gold.

EasyTrust: Problems reported David McCleary a Michigan Gun Trust Lawyer written about the problems he  has seen with the so called EasyTrust Gun Trust by Silencerco.  Today I received an email ...

Do some research.. you're going to want to... a gun trust is not just about getting things approved now.. it's about protecting your loved ones when you pass on.
                          Thats what I am concerned about. From what I can tell creating a trust is creating a new entity like a corporation etc. If not done right it apparently can be null and void. Also it appears as if things in the trust are not probated upon your death so you can add all of your guns etc ( not just suppressed) and then NOT put them in a will so you can be 100% sure they go where you wat them after you pass. There is no fighting it like a will. I think it will also avoid inheritance taxes also IIRC.

Comment

Mine was wrote by an attorney who is also a customer. He felt there was no reason for him to make money on people for something so simple. He allows the shop to continue to use it and doesn't ask for a dime.

Comment

Mine was wrote by an attorney who is also a customer. He felt there was no reason for him to make money on people for something so simple. He allows the shop to continue to use it and doesn't ask for a dime.
                              Would you mind posting or pm'ing me the shop name? I want it right but there is no point in paying more than I have to.

Comment

He allows the shop to continue to use it and doesn't ask for a dime.
                                This would send me running for the hills..

So what he is saying is that everyone's needs in a trust are exactly the same? Everybody has the same family, living arrangements, for example. . Can your beneficiary be in sole ownership of the items in the trust? At what age can a beneficiary become a trustee.. Or can they? If so can they then add things to the trust themselves.. can you add trustees/beneficiaries? Who has the authority to change or make those decisions? The settlor? A trustee? Beneficary? What's your blanket trust say..

Seriously educate yourself. .. you might be giving away your nfa firearms when you die and not be aware of it: http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...s-law-seminar/

ATF correspondence From that link about a "fill in the blank trust" that some lawyer left for free..

"The problem was that some people didn’t actually edit the document correctly. For some people, this created inconsistencies that resulted in the form being sent back. For others, well the form was technically filled out correctly, but probably with a result that was unintended.

Unfortunately, some of the people who used the form for their own trusts neglected to change the “beneficiary” from the original. So that means there’s now some woman in Kansas who is technically the beneficiary of many of these trusts and is set to inherit….I think he said “thousands of” machine guns, silencers, etc."

Lol. Again I'll caution anyone from using one of these cheap/free/fill in the blank trust... it's your money and items (until you die) so do what you want..

Last thing: Having a stamp approved on a trust doesn't necessarily validate your trust.. as pointed out above. Have fun. Call a lawyer versed in NFA laws... Or don't and risk not being covered.

Comment

Working...
                                X