HELP - Stuffed Flounder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP - Stuffed Flounder

We hit the flounder big time this week. Of those I have 3 big ones hulled out for stuffing but have never done it.

Who has the scoop, from recipe to cooking tips for stuffed flounder?

Get a good stuffed crab recipe of your choice and fill 'er up.

Comment

Fresh crab, celery, onion, chop up chunks of fresh shrimp, little stove top dressing. Stuff and Broil...awe man you can't get any better than that.

Where'd ya'll find them at ? it's getting close to August and that's when we would go gigem them along the San Bernard.

Comment

OK

How long to cook?

Any other seasoning on outside of flounder or does the stuffing etc take care of seasoning?

We found them in 2 different places north of Port Isabel. All on 4" white Gulp.

Comment

If you dont want to mess with making your own stuffing just go buy some crabcakes at the grocery store or seafood market, get a little more lump crab meat either fresh or in the can and mix it together and fill the flounder up. Season to taste and pop em in the oven between 350-375 for 20-30 minutes. The time will depend on the size of them and amount of stuffing. When the meat is white all the way through its done.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
            OK

How long to cook?

Any other seasoning on outside of flounder or does the stuffing etc take care of seasoning?

We found them in 2 different places north of Port Isabel. All on 4" white Gulp.
            I usually brush butter and use some season salt on the skin. Sometimes I mix a little fresh lemon juice in the butter.

Comment

Working...
            X