Duck Wraps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duck Wraps

These wraps are sure to get eaten up by even the pickiest of people. Start by soaking the breasts in ice water in the fridge for a few days (draining the blood about twice a day). Then cut the breast into cubes about 1" x 1" and marinate it in Italian dressing for another day or so (you can also freeze them for a later date in the dressing). Next cut up some onion into pieces about 1"x1" and fill them with cream cheese. Next run a toothpick through the a cube of your marinated breast. Put a jalapeno slice on the toothpick and slide cream cheese/onion on sandwiching the jalapeno between the cream cheese and the duck. Then wrap the whole shebang it in bacon (I usually cut it in half as pictured). Cook them using indirect heat on the pit and there will be no leftovers no matter how much you make. The indirect heat is important otherwise the bacon will cause the flame to flare up and burn it. Serve them with Rasberry Chipotle dipping sauce found at your local grocery store. Here are a few pics....

It proves the point, if you can get enough flavors and seasonings on a piece of duck, you can mask the flavor enough for many people to eat it.

Comment

Heck, I might even eat a piece of liver if it was doctored up like that.

By the way, I eat duck anyway but I understand the issue of it being gamey. That looks tasty and would probably work with any meat.

Comment

looks good have to try some

Comment

I love duck any way you cook it but this is my favorite. Never thought of that dipping sauce though...Come September those teal better watch out, I have been out of duck since January.

Comment

I think I will take two

Comment

I think the biggest problem with people cooking wild game and getting complaints of a "gamey" taste is overcooking. Of course wild hog is an exception to this as I like to slow cook the heck out of it, but most game tastes better a little on the rare side to me. The other problem is not cleaning up the meat enough and trimming the fats off.

Comment

love duck

Comment

Working...
                X