Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mollejas

A good Mexican treat.

Go to a Mexican Supermercado or meat market and ask for mollejas or look in the beef section. If they ask "Gringo are you sure?" just say yes.

Take your mollejas home.

Put them in a pot and cover them with water. Season as you wish (chili powder, cummin, Tony's, etc.)

Boil them for about an hour.

Drain and let cool.

Sprinkle a little more seasoning on them and put them on the grill. This gets them a little crispy.

Take them off the grill and fix up tacos however you like'em.

Enjoy your taco's.

Any leftovers can be mixed in with eggs for breakfast the next morning!

Mollejas

Heck Yeah! That's what I'm talkin about. Haven't had these in a while. Add a little pico de gallo and you'll be in heaven.
    I once bbq'd for a bunch of Border Patrol agents outta the Del Rio Sector and the gringos were lovin it.

Comment

I'll bite, what is it ?

Comment

Grillin is the only way to go here.

Over hot coals till they plump up.
        Then slice em into 2 or 3 portions or justcross cut so they open up.

Grill untill golden crisp.

Serve with pico or guacomole on corn tortillas.

Made myself hungry goin to heb tonite!!!

Comment

Sweetbreads if my memory serves me right. They are very good, a butcher friend of mine was telling me awhile back that they have recently became very popular.

Comment

Yeap sweetbreads, we have always chicken fried them, but since I've been working down south I have always wanted to try them grilled as I here that is the only way they are cooked around here.

Comment

Grilled or in a disk. Crispier the better. Eat alot of it down here.

Comment

got any pics? sounds pretty good...

Comment

Oh man thats sounds awesome right about now.....been awhile since i had some mollejas...usually cook them on the grill wrapped in foil....so good!

Comment

Makin me HUNGRY!

Comment

yeah, for the white boys, ya may need to ask for sweetbread. They gotta be crispy, slimy sucks!!!

Comment

Just be sure to cook the pi$$ out of 'em.

Comment

lamb gizzards??

Comment

Whoever came up with the term "sweetbreads" was a marketing genius. It sounds a little more appetizing than thymus gland. "Hey Mrs. Johnson, care for some grilled thymus gland?" Must be the same marketing guy that turned testicles into "mountain oysters".

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                              Whoever came up with the term "sweetbreads" was a marketing genius. It sounds a little more appetizing than thymus gland. "Hey Mrs. Johnson, care for some grilled thymus gland?" Must be the same marketing guy that turned testicles into "mountain oysters".
                              wow just looked that up...and supriseingly I have eaten worse..guess I will have to give it a try...

Comment

Working...
                              X