Stud or dud?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stud or dud?

Is this guy gonna be a monster some day, or fizzle out. By far biggest 4 pt Ive had on cam, or ever seen for that matter in my area. All other bucks in my area at his age are 6-8 pts but not nearly as wide. Or is he older than I think and just a browless dud?
    Attached Files

I'd say it's a dud. At that age with only 4 points I would cull him out and keep those genes from spreading

Comment

Cull.............

Comment

Cull

Comment

Not going anywhere

Comment

He's young. Won't hurt one bit to let him walk and see what he turns into. He might stay a 4 point or might grow bigger. Only one way to know for sure, let them grow up.

Comment

No brows...I would cull him.

Comment

Thx guys. I just wasnt sure WHAT to think of this one. Thru me a little

Comment

Cull

Comment

I would give him a year, worst case you get a little more meat out of him. Could surprise you next year. That's why most don't cull 3 yr olds.

Comment

What do the other bucks in his age class look like?

Comment

Chootem!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Man let the air out of that dude. Don't let him breed.

Comment

Originally posted by BolilloLoco View Post
                            What do the other bucks in his age class look like?
                            Most are 8's but not as wide as this 4. Ive actually only seen one other 4 this year and was obviously a 1-1/2 yr old.
                            This is my first year on this property tho so Im still figuring out what Im looking at. Not really conserned with culling due to very small tract of land. Not to mention Ive already taken a spike this yr so wanting to save that buck tag for a wall hanger. Was just curious if I was looking at a future hoss or just a big 4pt as I hadn't seen one quite like this before here in Comanche Co or at my past place in Glen Rose either

Comment

I think he still has a chance. But if most bucks his age are 8, then I prolly kill him.

Comment

Working...
                              X