Ceviche?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ceviche?

Lost my recipe . . Anyone got one? . . Got some redfish I need to use . . Thanks . .

I use the heb mango salsa. I think Poco posted the recipe and it great. A really good alternative to cutting up everything yourself.

Comment

Fresh filet of fish cut into small cubes
      small can of salad shrimp or tiny shrimp
      Diced tomato
      Diced or slice fresh jalepeno or serrano peppers
      sliced purple onion
      cilantro
      sprinkle some Tony's seasoning
      mix all ingredients into a bowl
      Squeeze fresh lemon or lime juice all over. I like to put enough juice to soak most of the ingredients. The more juice on the fish and shrimp the better. Let it marinate for at least an hour. Acid in the juice will cook the fish. Mix the indredients every 15 minutes so that everything can marinate. After an about an hour you can drain the juice or leave it. Then get you a cold beer and tortilla or tostada chips and dip in some of that goodness.
      Oh and please marinate in the fridge!

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by diamond06 View Post
          Diced tomato
          sliced purple onion
          cilantro
          Squeeze fresh lemon or lime juice all over. I like to put enough juice to soak most of the ingredients. The more juice on the fish and shrimp the better. Let it marinate for at least an hour. Acid in the juice will cook the fish. Mix the indredients every 15 minutes so that everything can marinate. After an about an hour you can drain the juice or leave it. Then get you a cold beer and tortilla or tostada chips and dip in some of that goodness.
          ^^^This one sounds good^^^

My only difference would be that I would place the fish and shrimp in lime juice & refrigerate until it is cooked... Once done I would rinse the fish/shrimp & add the other ingredients mentioned above (I prefer yellow onion)... Additionally I would add a bit of ketchup for a hint of sweetness...

Comment

Originally posted by diamond06 View Post
            Diced tomato
            sliced purple onion
            cilantro
            Definitely gonna have to try this one. I really like the idea of adding Tony's.

Comment

Working...
            X