Deer attractant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deer attractant

I got drawn for an archery only spot where I work and was needing help getting the deer in. Its been two weeks with no pictures. There has been one feeder in the area last year, but that is it. I know there are lots of deer in the area because I see them all the time to and from work.
    Ive got record rack golden nuggets in the feeder mixed with big and J attractant. Also have a big and J block out. The wind is minimal and I dont know if that will affect it. Any suggestions or should I be more patient?

I would hunt them without an attractant. Scout and find travel routes between bedding and feeding areas. If there are hardwoods I would hunt those when the acorns start falling also over a water source.

Comment

hard to beat corn, but I agree with Shake and Bake, scout and find where they travel and set up there don't worry about bait.

Comment

Its like a buffet this time of year, theres so much to eat that corn just might not be on the menu. I would try a different spot, if you get your bait closer to where they're wanting to go already you may get a few pictures. They'll find thay feeder when the pickins are slim. Start at a water source right now and work your way out and you'll prolly have better luck.

Comment

Originally posted by gumbl3 View Post
          Its like a buffet this time of year, theres so much to eat that corn just might not be on the menu. I would try a different spot, if you get your bait closer to where they're wanting to go already you may get a few pictures. They'll find thay feeder when the pickins are slim. Start at a water source right now and work your way out and you'll prolly have better luck.
          Spot on! Wouldn't worry too much about it. Too green for them right now....and that's a GOOD THING! They will find the corn when they start getting really hungry, believe me.

Comment

Sounds good. Like I said it is where I work so I know people around me are getting tons of pictures. Im on a peninsula so Ive got water everywhere. I set up on a good trail as close to mainland as I can. All cedar trees except for one big oak that is 50 yards away. Going to try corn next and save a little Money. Thanks again guys

Comment

Working...
            X