ok texans...hillbilly needs help...stuffed jalepenos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok texans...hillbilly needs help...stuffed jalepenos

ok fellas,this north carolina hillbilly needs some good stuffed jalepeno recipes,meat or cheese or both!!

thank you!!
    Bill

Do a search n the recipe section or search Team Hot Lips. I think there were a few recipes on there if you can scan through all the conversation. Would do it for ya but I'm on my bb at work. If you have no luck pm me and I will try to help out later today.

Comment

My favorite is fresh jalapenos sliced in half...fry up some bacon or bacon ends and chop in the food processor with velveeta cheese...about 2/3 velveeta 1/3 bacon. roast on pit or in oven till cheese is melted.

Comment

cream cheese with crab meat, crawfish tail or shrimp a little ranch dry seasoning, stuff your peppers and wrap with bacon is good too...

Comment

This may not be what your looking for, but its great i was wary too. Start with some spanish rice and add in some sausage, pork or even venison is good in this. Then i like to chop in some soranos and then add some cheddar cheese to the bottom of the pepper to try to "coat" the inside with cheese and then fill with the rice mix.

Comment

I've got a pretty simple recipe for you, but the peppers last only long enough for you to get the lid off of them, so set some back for yourself. You'll need -

As many fresh, halved, de-seeded, de-veined jalapenos as you care to cut up
            Enough halved little smokie sausages to equal the jalapenos
            A full slice of bacon per jalapeno half
            Lots of cream cheese
            Lawry's season salt
            Stubb's Smoky Mesquite BBQ sauce

Now, all you do is put a nice pat of cream cheese (about a teaspoon) in the jalapeno half. Then you place a little smokie half on the cream cheese (cut side of sausage against the cheese). Then wrap the whole mess in a strip of bacon. Season to taste. Arrange in a baking dish, and bake the hell out of them. By this I mean at about 400 degrees for as long as it takes for the bacon to get firm and doesn't unravel from the pepper. You'll want to drain the fat about halfway through, and at the end of the baking step. After they're done baking, move the peppers to a nice hot grill, and brush on BBQ sauce once the bacon starts getting real good and done. Serve with lots of cold beer on the side.

*You've got to use a whole strip of bacon because there won't be a whole lot left after baking. I know it looks like alot while it's all raw, but it will shrink up aplenty. Also, you have to bake them, or they'll just come unraveled if you were to throw them on the grill first. Also, the flare-ups from the fat dripping on the coals would just burn the hell out of your bacon if you threw them right on the grill. I'm gonna try smoking them one of these days if I ever get myself a smoker, but they're pretty durn good as is.

Comment

What I do is real simple. Cut the top off the jalepeno and take all the insides out. I usually use a paring knife to do this. Then I take some ground sausage and prepare it in a frying pan and just brown it using some all spice. I then mix the sausage with cream cheese and then stuff it into the peppers and put them on the grill for about 15-20 minutes or until the pepper starts to soften. They are great. Make sure you get all of the seeds or else one of those peppers might light you up pretty good. Everybody always loves these!

Comment

1-can crab meat and 2 blocks of cream cheese! Mix together and use as is or add some tony's or Barnacle Dust, or HAWGRUB and fill ip a pepper and wrap in bacon!! CANT BE BEAT!!

Comment

wow!! we just do the cream cheeze and bacon. not any more. great ideas. thanks

Comment

Working...
                  X