Pork loin summer sausage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pork loin summer sausage

First go at this recipe and overall it was success despite a little shrinkage with the casing. My issue (i think) was using a fibrous vs a synthetic casing. The only changes I made was poaching for 20min instead of 30min due to size of the casing. I smoked them for 2hrs and the flavor is great! Not overly smoky and you can taste the fresh garlic and white pepper. Recipe is attached below.

Attached Files

Looks good.

Comment

Sounds good. Looks like Canadian bacon

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post
        Sounds good. Looks like Canadian bacon
        Thats exactly what it taste like.. Its just cubed pork loin using twice ground beef as a binder and then smoked/poached. I used a few slices for a breakfast sandwich this morning. It was good!

Comment

CAn you elaborate on what all you did here. Like cooking / smoking time process
          Last edited by TexasTealHunter; 01-11-2019, 10:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTealHunter View Post
            If you click the link it will tell you step by step on how to do everything from what size grinding plates to use and how to go about the process. The guys over at wedlinydowmowe know their stuff and explain how to do it better then me.

Comment

ha ha my work comp has the site blocked ill have to look at home.

Comment

ha ha my work comp has the site blocked ill have to look at home.
                Here you go, bud. Hope it's legible.
                Attached Files

Comment

Instructions
                  1. Trim loin of connective tissue and silver skin. Cut loin into 3-4cm cubes. Mix with 90% of salt and cure #1. Cube beef and mix with remaining 10% of salt and cure #1. Pack tightly in separate containers, cover and keep in refrigerator for 48 hours.
                  2. Grind beef twice through 3mm plate.
                  3. Mix the twice ground beef adding 25-30% (30 ml), cold water, spices and garlic. Mix until very very sticky.
                  4. Run the cubed loin through the kidney plate (without the knife) of your grinder. This willbeat beat up the cured chunks and help in extracting the myosin. Mix until sticky and then combine with the beef and spice batter, mixing well. Add the rest of the water gradually, blending until completely absorbed.
                  5. Stuff firmly into 55-65 mm synthetic casings.
                  6. Hang for 2 hours at room temperature to set the sausage and dry the casing.
                  7. Smoke for 2-3 hours at 55-60°C. Smoking for a longer period may make it too dry.
                  8. Poach sausages in 80°C water until an internal temp of 70°C is reached. This should take about 30 minutes. Shower or immerse in cold water to cool.
                  9. Hang at room temp to dry and bloom the product then refrigerate.

Comment

If you have any questions let me know. I would be glad to help out

Comment

Working...
                    X