Facebook/instagram/Snapchat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Facebook/instagram/Snapchat

Am I the only adult male alive not using these? TBH and Texas Hunting Forum only social media sites I visit.

I know I’m old and crotchety but it seems to me Facebook/instagram/Snapchat is for the “participation trophy” generation

I'm 54 and right there with you. I don't feel the need to document every moment of my life with a picture or video and I could I could give a rip if other people like anything I happen to post on Facebook. There's a whole group of people who live their life on their smart devices posting things constantly trying to post pictures or videos that receive likes. Makes me sad. What really makes me sad is when I go out to a restaurant and see a family of 4 dining together but not speaking to one another, instead their kids are playing games on their phones and the adults are watching Facebook videos. If you want to know what's wrong with our country, you can trace a lot of it back to the rise and social media

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

I use the FB buy/sell groups a lot, but I don't use my actual FB page for anything. I think I only have about 3 "friends" on it.....lol I am a private person and have no interest in posting what I consider personal information for strangers to see. Heck, there is a lot of stuff people post on this site, that I would not post about myself. But a lot of people like to use them, I don't see anything wrong with them if you like them. I don't really understand how social media is related to the "participation trophy" generation though as you stated.

Comment

I dont have any of them TBH and Practical Machinist are it for me. I occasionally perused THF but havent in quite a while.

Comment

I'm 35 and absolutely REFUSE TO PARTAKE!!!!!!

Comment

28 here and TBH is all I’ve got

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

im with ya , 54 and this is the only type of social media the wife lets me have .

Comment

I’m 43 and have quit using all of them

Comment

I’m 39 and tbh is all I have, Facebook looks like the Truman movie to me, everyone is fake.

Comment

Originally posted by Outback View Post
                    I'm 54 and right there with you. I don't feel the need to document every moment of my life with a picture or video and I could I could give a rip if other people like anything I happen to post on Facebook. There's a whole group of people who live their life on their smart devices posting things constantly trying to post pictures or videos that receive likes. Makes me sad. What really makes me sad is when I go out to a restaurant and see a family of 4 dining together but not speaking to one another, instead their kids are playing games on their phones and the adults are watching Facebook videos. If you want to know what's wrong with our country, you can trace a lot of it back to the rise and social media

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                    This is spot on, it’s a very serious problem I’ve observed more and more people doing this.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Brown View Post
                      This is spot on, it’s a very serious problem I’ve observed more and more people doing this.
                      This hit the nail on the head. I don't use any the above media.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Comment

I don't use the three that you mentioned but I do use Twitter. I rarely tweet though. I mostly use it to follow the thought leaders in my industry for reading material and current trends.

Comment

33 here and TBH, TFF and smoaky.com are it for me. Although I'm going to check out the practical machinist mentioned above

Comment

Originally posted by sbushee View Post
                            Am I the only adult male alive not using these? TBH and Texas Hunting Forum only social media sites I visit.

I know I’m old and crotchety but it seems to me Facebook/instagram/Snapchat is for the “participation trophy” generation

You are not alone!!!
                            Haha I am only on TBH
                            Have an archery talk act but have not been on there in several years

Ron

Comment

I don't use any but considering getting on the book of faces so I can see the stuff for sale....

Comment

Working...
                              X