Anyone dealt with Adventures Missions and Retreats leases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone dealt with Adventures Missions and Retreats leases

This group has acreage in Menard for lease but a friend is asking if anyone has leased or dealt with them. Legit?

Message sent.

Comment

Replied bud thanks for the input

Comment

Tagged, curious as well.

Comment

Ttt

Comment

I am also interested in any comments anyone may have on this group.

Comment

Stay away.
              While they 'preach' a good game, I couldn't find anything about what they do (regarding hunting leases/memberships) as ministry-related.
              Lots of misrepresentations, lies, and dishonesty.
              We paid money (more than I had ever paid for a lease), set up feeders/blinds, and then started seeing all of the misrepresentations, delays, etc. We were able to get our money back because we paid with credit card (on line) and disputed the charges because what was 'sold' to us was never delivered.
              It was mid-October by the time it all blew up, so the whole nightmare pretty much cost me the 2018 hunting season (we couldn't find a lease that would work for us after this time).
              I have way more I could say, but no room/time right here.

Comment

Adventures, Missions and Retreats is a Fraud!!!

I wanted to send a private message like every one else did but my son convinced me to post this.

So much to report here - I’ll try to summarize. Adventures, Missions and Retreats is a crooked hunting outfitter that poses as a ministry to men and families. It is certainly not a ministry. There are no missions and retreats at all. The owner has learned the time-honored lesson that if you attach Christianity to a business then you can fool anyone into forking over their money.

I was on a father/son hunt that we bid on in an auction and then I encountered this guy. I remember having a 10 minute conversation with the owner and I was sadly aware that he knew nothing at all about ministry. That’s fine if you don’t care about ministry - but every customer should care if they are buying from a liar.

He posts fake pictures of deer online and sells you hunts that aren’t even available. He takes 50% down without letting anyone see the real property. The company is completely run by one man. I don’t believe the landowners are culpable. I doubt they know what is happening on these places.

The pattern that I found was that he would blast an advertisement for a place with non-existent animals, pack people in like sardines, report fake successes from other hunters in the area and when no one saw the animals they were hoping for he goes awol. He has gone bankrupt a couple of times with this pattern and even moved out of the country. Now he's back somehow. It's all online. Search Texas Hunting forums for more details.

I had my suspicions that is was a scam but I was never able to pin him down. It all came together at a hunting expo that I attended last fall. The group of guys that I was with started talking about a scam hunt that we had been on and we were telling another group of guys what happened. They had a similar story and its didn’t take long to put 2 and 2 together and see that it was the same guy.

He’s been in the business a long time and he know exactly what he’s doing. He knows what to say and how to hide his lies. Don’t be a sucker. Adventures, Missions and retreats is a Fraud!

Mr Williams

Comment

Is this the outfit?

Comment

Working...
                  X