Clear All

Again 7 runs from HR..... kinda hard to get those guys out

Comment

This team sucks [mike rhyner voice]

Comment

Originally posted by texas shag View Post
        This team sucks [mike rhyner voice]
        It's about time for a proclamation.

This team has been getting bad for a couple of years. As much as i want to like JD, and give him credit for the good times, i think this falls at his and ownerships feet. I'm going to go around the horn quickly.

Pitching staff: Complete abortion. Hamels is still decent. But on a pennant contending team i think he'd be a No. 3 starter at this point. Kela may or may not have something. Same for Matt Bush. Big Bart is an amusing side show. He may still have a few games left in his system. But my bet is the heat is about to kill him. I can't think of another pitcher that another club would give a sack of batting practice balls for.

Catcher: I love R. Chirinos. But, i think, he'd be the best back up catcher in the league on a contending team. But, a club could do worse. Back up catcher is a black hole.

First Base: I like R. Guzman's future. I think the club should let play there the rest of the year and gain experience.

Second base: They give Odor a huge contract after one pretty good year. He has proven to this point to be a bad, and bull headed "hitter". He is a defensive liability. If i remember correctly, he was rated the worst player in MLB last year, maybe only bottom 3 players.

SS: Elvis should be back soon. He has become an offensive threat. He is, i think, an above average defender. I think he's still only 28, maybe 29. I would investigate what his trade value would be. I think he might bring a good young pitcher. For better or worse, i'm intrigued by Profar again. He seems to be getting there. This is one of the few, maybe the only, position of strength on the club.

3B: Beltre' is pretty much done @ 3rd. Gallo has said he doesn't want to play third any longer. I'd be fine w/ leaving IKF at third long term. I really like that kid. It may be a flash in the pan, but he's seems to be a ball player. The vets are taking him under their wings a la Mike Young. That's always a good sign.

RF: Mazara continues to improve. Another solid position.

CF: DeShield's is what he is. I think of him like Chirinos. If he's the 4th outfielder, you've probably got a decent team.

LF: I'd leave Gallo there and let him develop. I'm not as convinced at the stat geeks that strike outs aren't that bad. I think he needs to develop some threat to hit to the opposite side of the field. I guess we'll see what he turns into.

The Ryan Rua's of the Ranger world just need to go bye bye. It's a flawed roster on many fronts. I assume the GM gets the credit and the blame for most of that.

I'm hopeful about the field positions. The pitching staff, that's another deal altogether. The Rangers have not shown any ability to develop pitching. The few they did develop, they seem to have ruined. I guess we'll see...

Comment

Good synopsis. Can’t say I disagree with any of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yessir, we are looking at the same team/players.

Comment

A couple of follow up thoughts:

I left out DH: I think Choo is in the last year of his contract. Maybe a contender that needs a hitter will take him later in the summer. Otherwise a horrible free agent signing. I don't think Beltre' should even come back as a DH next year. His legs just aren't reliable enough. When / if he comes back this year, i assume he'll get most of the DH time. Again, we'll see...

Manager / coaches: We all take sides on #Leadership. I think Bannister is a good motivator. I t h i n k he is a good in game manager. I don't think he is good at developing players abilities. I'll say this for Ron Washington, he got the defense fixed. Defense has done nothing but get worse under Bannister. I still think one of these nights there's going to be a massive wreck in the outfield that will disable multiple players when it happens. The players ought to know better and be better. But, they don't seem to know better and they don't seem to be doing better. To me, that falls on the manager. I was a big fan of Steve Beuchele as a player. I have no idea what he does as a coach besides look cocky.

Oh well, that's out of my system. Maybe tonight will be better...

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
                A couple of follow up thoughts:

I left out DH: I think Choo is in the last year of his contract. Maybe a contender that needs a hitter will take him later in the summer. Otherwise a horrible free agent signing. I don't think Beltre' should even come back as a DH next year. His legs just aren't reliable enough. When / if he comes back this year, i assume he'll get most of the DH time. Again, we'll see...

Manager / coaches: We all take sides on #Leadership. I think Bannister is a good motivator. I t h i n k he is a good in game manager. I don't think he is good at developing players abilities. I'll say this for Ron Washington, he got the defense fixed. Defense has done nothing but get worse under Bannister. I still think one of these nights there's going to be a massive wreck in the outfield that will disable multiple players when it happens. The players ought to know better and be better. But, they don't seem to know better and they don't seem to be doing better. To me, that falls on the manager. I was a big fan of Steve Beuchele as a player. I have no idea what he does as a coach besides look cocky.

Oh well, that's out of my system. Maybe tonight will be better...

2 more years of Choo at $21 million per...🤮🤮🤮

Comment

21 per???????? that a Boras deal?

Comment

2018 Offical Texas Rangers Season Thread

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                    21 per???????? that a Boras deal?

Yes... backloaded... and in the top 3 worst contracts in Rangers’ history . Between him, Fielder and the other Korean Chan Ho Park.

Arod is in the neighborhood too but at least he produced.
                    Last edited by Smart; 05-22-2018, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                      2 more years of Choo at $21 million per...🤮🤮🤮
                      OMG. JD, what in hades were you thinking? Jeez.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                        How in the heck have the Rangers gotten this bad, this fast? This pitching staff is just ridiculously bad.
                        Reclamation projects all failed

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                          Reclamation projects all failed
                          Hammer introduced squarely to the head of the nail.

Comment

Hamels has most of the Evil Empire Bashers mesmerized through 3. 27 pitches. Rangers up 5 - 1 in 3rd. Gave up a solo HR to rookie.

Comment

HR for The Condor. Rangers up 6 - 1. Nice. Hamels has thrown 43 pitches through 4. Channeling Cliff Lee in his prime.

Comment

Originally posted by topduarte View Post
                                Yankees win 10-5
                                Yankees suck!

Comment

Working...
                                X