Fishing “Boat”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fishing “Boat”

Saw one of these today. What are y’alls thoughts for fly fishing the flats with them? They cost around $3500.
    Attached Files

They would be awesome.

Comment

They look cool. Could fish anywhere it looks like and still get away with cutting launch fees. Still have to register it in texas though. But i bet you could slay crappie in it

Comment

Gotta be better than a kayak.

Comment

I would love to try one!!!

Comment

Solo skiffs look sweet too

Comment

I haven't been on one but alot of folks I. The kayak community are switching to them. Usually little 3 gallon tank and about a 5hp. Would be a fun lil ride and should be able to go just about anywhere. But for 3500 or a little more like 5k could get a decent boat to go out with someone as well

Comment

What kind of range can you expect out of a tank ? As mention earlier my BIL just picked up a used 1672 aluminum boat with trailer and motor for 2800

Comment

I’m sure they would be effective, it would really suck if you get caught in a storm or the wind picks up and you need to cross is sizable water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                    ...it would really suck if you get caught in a storm or the wind picks up and you need to cross is sizable water.
                    You'll be fine. That black metal handle doubles as a lightning rod.

Comment

Originally posted by Honker View Post
                      You'll be fine. That black metal handle doubles as a lightning rod.

Lighting was the last thing on my mind. 3-4ft swells would do that tub in.

Comment

I saw two people on Solo Skiffs this weekend at the lake. It looked fun. They moved pretty quick too.

Comment

I think on the flats this thing would be awsome. But as mentioned above, crossing any bay in winds over 15 mph will be a challenge. Especially in a cross chop.

Fly fishing is doable, but a little more deck would be preferable to keep your slack out of the clutter I would think.
                          Last edited by Muddy Bud; 05-31-2018, 05:24 AM.

Comment

I was going to respond that there was no way I would spend $3500 on a boat with no motor, then I spied the Mercury

Still not spending that much on a paddle board with a motor

Comment

I think the Solo Skiff does it better. Towee boats has some pretty slick little setups too

Comment

Working...
                              X