Bald Eagle flying high in the Sam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bald Eagle flying high in the Sam

I was driving in east tx and standing tall in the wild flowers was a Bald eagle eating a carcass, I know we have them but had never seen one and this was close. I spooked him when I pulled over but got a couple pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice. I had one land in the tree near me while I was fishing the north side of lake Livingston two days ago.
    Attached Files

Comment

It's great to see them coming back.

Comment

Cool!

Comment

I pulled up to a location at work and this guy was there.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by fowlwaters View Post
            I pulled up to a location at work and this guy was there.

Here it is

Comment

Thats awesome.

Comment

I have one that frequents and catches fish out of my pond.

I shot a hog one night and the next morning he was on the carcass feeding and chasing off the buzzards.

Comment

Saw one on Hwy 63 between Jasper and Zavala not too long ago eating road kill on the side of the road, and also saw one on Toledo Bend last weekend.

Comment

Saw one just east of Groesbeck last month

Comment

Originally posted by Tbar View Post
                      I have one that frequents and catches fish out of my pond.

I shot a hog one night and the next morning he was on the carcass feeding and chasing off the buzzards.

Thats a cool picture.

Comment

I was standing at my front window looking out this morning and witnessed two crows giving a bald eagle a fit while flying away. It only lasted a few seconds but I have never seen the crows running an eagle offm hawks yes eagles never. Hard to believe I am sure. I overlook three ponds and Sam Rayburn lake is a couple of miles away.

Comment

I live off 255 in NE Jasper Co. and we see them all the time down by the river. There is also a dead oak in a clearcut which we see Bald Eagles a lot. About 2 weeks ago my wife and I were driving across the Dam at Rayburn and one was flying about 20 yds. from the center of the road. We followed along side him for about a mile.

Beautiful animals for sure.

Comment

The nest in the Woodlands has been busy lately. It is unreal how close it is to the population and they don't care. They come back every year. They will kick the eaglet(s) out this month.

Comment

Seen a few here in a Robertson County. Saw one just last week. Looked like a small or juvenile bird.

Comment

Working...
                              X