All in One Sheet Pan Backstrap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All in One Sheet Pan Backstrap

This one's for the busy people out there. Or, can I just say, I wouldn't hate it if someone cooked this for me for Mother's Day. (Momma doesn't have to know how easy it was.)

We're getting ready to move to Leakey in a few weeks, so I'm sure I'll be making this again while we're busy packing. It's really easy to throw together.

Click image for larger version

Name:	28 All in One Sheet Pan Backstrap 420.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	25112505

Thanks for following along!

I just happen to have a backstrap in the freezer. Trying this one very soon. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Ellen View Post
      I just happen to have a backstrap in the freezer. Trying this one very soon. Thanks.
      My pleasure!

Comment

Sounds great. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

That looks awesome. Thank you

Comment

It's amazing how simple and delicious that recipe looks. Those two words usually aren't in the same sentence! Thanks for posting.

Comment

Thanks. I will try this. Don't have a whole backstrap, but I have enough.

Comment

Come on October... Need more backstrap.

Comment

That looks awesome!!!

Comment

Prepared this recipe last night.
                    My Observation was:
                    - At 475° for 20 minutes my Backstrap could have reached 150° or more. Removed it immediately when it reached 130°. Pulled it at 15 minutes.
                    - My veggie were ready at 20 minutes.
                    - May need to adjust temp to 425° or 450°

All in All this was Amazing. Our Tummies were Happy. Thanks "Coachs Wife"
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by coker737 View Post
                      - At 475° for 20 minutes my Backstrap could have reached 150° or more. Removed it immediately when it reached 130°. Pulled it at 15 minutes.
                      You're exactly right. That's why I tried to stress the internal temperature in the post. My oven is really old and I don't think it's very airtight. I use the time stamps on my photos to know how long I cooked it, and for my oven it took 20 minutes, but a newer oven would probably be much more efficient. Glad it turned out well for you! Thanks for taking the time to report back!

Comment

Originally posted by coker737 View Post
                        My Observation was:
                        - My veggie were ready at 20 minutes.
                        - May need to adjust temp to 425° or 450°

All in All this was Amazing. Our Tummies were Happy. Thanks "Coachs Wife"
                        I added this update based on your feedback. Hopefully it helps those less-accustomed to venison cooking. Thanks for sharing!

*** UPDATE: One of my readers tested this recipe for himself. He said that, for his oven, 20 minutes would have been way too long. Please, I beg you, remember that there is a huge variety in ovens and their efficiency, and BE SURE to use a meat thermometer when you cook this meal. PLEASE don’t overcook the meat! The internal temperature is much more important than the cook time. He also said, and I quote,

All in All this was Amazing. Our Tummies were Happy. Thanks “Coachs Wife”

I love the play on words, and the wonderful compliment! Now back to the recipe. ***

Comment

Looks good as always!

Comment

This looks great, going to try and get an axis this afternoon and try it!

Comment

Looks delicious, may try it this weekend! Subscribed to your emailing list as well, thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X