Devil's River State Natural Area Sunrise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Devil's River State Natural Area Sunrise

I took this panorama yesterday morning with my cell phone. I ran it through Snapseed on my phone for a quick edit on the fly. Then after I got home, I just ran that through Lightroom to clean up a little noise and sharpen it a bit more.

I really, REALLY with I would have taken a series of shots for this same panoramic view on my DSLR (Canon 7D). I had it sitting there. Still, it came out pretty dang good for a cell phone pic.

click for bigger view........

Awesome picture. I really want to run the Devils for some small mouth action this spring but I think I'll have to wait another year

Comment

The most pristine river in Texas.

One of many springs that bubble up out of the limestone hills....

Away from the river it gets dry in a hurry. You can't take a step without stepping on a rock.

What a view! Not a bad way to spend a morning.

Comment

Awesome pics

Comment

Dang Shane, really nice shot. Gotta love the capabilities these stinking phones have these days!

Comment

Nice pano Shane! I have done the same thing, had my big gear sitting there but take the photo with the smart phone only to wish later I had taken the time to set up the good stuff. But, as you well know, with sunsets there is not always time to set up the big gear!

Comment

That is simply gorgeous!!! Definitely a smallmouth fishing goal someday...

Comment

Wow. Never been but you sure made me want to go. Stunning landscape.

Comment

Wife has a cabin on the river down there. We can be there in about 1.5hr from our house. It's are favorite place to be.

Comment

Beautiful memories Shane! Thanks for sharing them with us.

Comment

Wow wow wow. Keep them coming Shane. Springs like that are so neat. Looks like a lot of country to glass and enjoy.

Comment

Great Pictures, I also got some great sunrise pictures yesterday!!!

Comment

Originally posted by WyoBull View Post
                          Nice pano Shane! I have done the same thing, had my big gear sitting there but take the photo with the smart phone only to wish later I had taken the time to set up the good stuff. But, as you well know, with sunsets there is not always time to set up the big gear!
                          Right after I took the pano with the phone, a couple of bedded aoudad got up on the ledge above us, and Zach shot one. I kinda got distracted.

Comment

That river is beautiful...thanks for sharing!

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                              Right after I took the pano with the phone, a couple of bedded aoudad got up on the ledge above us, and Zach shot one. I kinda got distracted.
                              Yea, that would be distracting for sure!

Comment

Working...
                              X