Whats your favorite carbon shaft????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats your favorite carbon shaft????

And why you like it? And what and why did you switch from?

Gold Tip XT Hunter 55/75 is my favorite.

I like it because I have the recipe figured out for that shaft.

I switched from XX75 aluminum 2016's.

Bisch

Comment

Switched from Beman ICS Carbon Hunter 340 to Easton Full Metal Jacket (carbon encased by aluminum).

The FMJ shafts won't break easily, but they will bend and can't really be straightened. I'll accept that in lieu of what has happened to lots of archers including me - the shaft breaks at release, and the archer either sustains an injury or is just scared like heck that part of the arrow didn't hit anybody else.

Comment

Depending on the bow I shoot GT 1535 #30 and 3555 #46 but would not like to experience the destruction that AJ the TP Guru mentions. How often does that occure and does a high bow weight play a role?

Comment

I switched from cx blue streaks to quest thumpers. Both great arrows but the quests shoot better for me and I like the tapered shafts better.

Comment

Originally posted by KAZ View Post
            Depending on the bow I shoot GT 1535 #30 and 3555 #46 but would not like to experience the destruction that AJ the TP Guru mentions. How often does that occure and does a high bow weight play a role?
            If you shoot carbon shafts, CHECK THEM REGULARLY FOR CRACKS by flexing the shaft!!!!!! Especially after any hard impacts!

I only know personally of 1 person (Hi, Kenny) that has had a carbon shaft break and cause an injury with a trad bow (I'm sure there is more but that is the only one I know of). This happened at a 3D shoot where he missed a target and hit something hard. A few targets later, the arrow broke on release and a part of the shaft stuck in his hand. It was no where near as horrific as some of pics I have seen of when this happens off a compound.

Bow weight can play a part in the severity of any injury, but what causes this is shooting a damaged (cracked) carbon shaft.

Bisch

Comment

Thanks Bisch, I appreciate your info on how to test. Meanwhile I will start wearing my arm guard

Comment

Carbon express heratiage.
                switched because they quit making the carbon vapors I had been shooting.
                very tough shaft. I have never brake a shaft hitting a hard object. pigs will break them if the roll on them

Comment

Bloody and stuck in the dirt is my favorite.

CX heritage series shafts I what I prefer.

Comment

Yes, check them all before each shot!!!

Comment

WOW! not good, but at least no puncture. An internet search produced comments by carbon manufactures that composition change in resent years made failure rare. Not that rare if it happens to you!

Comment

I use CE Predators II's - cheap and heavy shaft compared to most. They are a very tough shaft!

Comment

CX Heritage shafts are tough and prob'ly my favorite arrows.

Since I typically order fletched arrows rather than bare shafts, I decided to save $70 and order a 1/2 dozen Traditional Only arrows from 3 Rivers a couple of years ago. Despite some reviews, I get good arrow flight, found consistent weight/spine in the 6 arrows I was sent (on 3 occasions now), overall solid arrows and the cheapskate holding my wallet likes that I can order a 1/2 dozen at a time rather than having to drop $140 each time I order. They are not as strong as the CX Heritage, they don't break as cleanly as the CX do when they do break...but, back when I used to bowhunt they'd kill critters just as dead.

Comment

I use the Arrow Dynamics Hammerheads. They are tapered with a built in footing. They are heavy and tough.

Comment

GT Ultralight Pro's. get a great FOC without a heavy *** arrow.

Comment

Working...
                              X