Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats!

Comment

outstanding! I loved my time in the Navy and he will too.

Comment

Thank him for his service !

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Roads View Post
          Well he's on the plane headed North. Going to be a couple of months before we hear from him.
          They let him call home once they've checked in. Then it's dark territory for a few weeks.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Congrats and good luck to him.
              Loved my time in the Navy

Comment

Congrats, and thanks to your son and family.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Roads View Post
                  My oldest son, Jeremy, had signed his enlistment a couple months ago. Today Mom and I dropped him off to head to boot camp tomorrow to start his time in the armed forces. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers. This will be the first time for him to spend extended amount of time away from the family. Looking forward to boot camp graduation.
                  Whats his job (rate)? Depending on the division he is in he will give you a call when he is at great lakes. He will be able to send letters after his "P-days", which is the first week to 2 weeks of boot camp while they fill divisions and get some medical and drug testing done. Hopefully he volunteers for "ship staff" (barracks staff), I was the Mail Petty Officer for the ship. Little jobs can get you out of a lot of stuff... If you have any questions feel free to ask, I am pretty close to the new boot camp, it changed right before I went in and hasn't changed much since.

Comment

Originally posted by AZST_bowhunter View Post
                    Whats his job (rate)? Depending on the division he is in he will give you a call when he is at great lakes. He will be able to send letters after his "P-days", which is the first week to 2 weeks of boot camp while they fill divisions and get some medical and drug testing done. Hopefully he volunteers for "ship staff" (barracks staff), I was the Mail Petty Officer for the ship. Little jobs can get you out of a lot of stuff... If you have any questions feel free to ask, I am pretty close to the new boot camp, it changed right before I went in and hasn't changed much since.
                    What do you mean "new boot camp"?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_C View Post
                      What do you mean "new boot camp"?
                      They changed a lot of things, for example battle stations, to no longer run around the base for 12 hours. It is all in one place on a ship simulator, it started maybe a year before I got to boot camp (may 2008) call it battle stations 21 now. They were also starting to issue tablets to the recruits, and there are more integrated divisions now as well. They also have a card that the RDC carries that list the maximum allowable physical punishment allowed.

Comment

Originally posted by sailor View Post
                        Excellent choice...…..
                        There is nothing, like being at sea...……..
                        If he needs some pointers...….
                        Here's the first one...….
                        He'll do "service week" in boot camp....
                        Volunteer for NQS clerk... "Non Qualified Swimmers"....
                        While everybody else is out scrubbing pots and pans.....He'll
                        go to the pool...… Thank me later....
                        Service week is long gone

Comment

Congrats!!!!

My son gets out of the navy this september. Definitely go to his graduation. One of my proudest moments as a parent, hands down.

Comment

Greatest country in the history of mankind because of men like your son. Thank you.

Comment

That is great. Y'all are definitely in our prayers.
                              Tell the young man thanks and his service is appreciated.

Comment

Best wishes to him. Lots of tradition there.

Comment

Working...
                                X