No announcement yet.

Cowboy hats and flip flops?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm around cattle all the time. Bought some Brimmers yesterday and I don't own one cowboy hat.

Comment

All depends on what I'm doing.

Comment

Sandels are for girls. I do shoes or boots or my feet go naked.

Comment

I love to wear my hat

Doesn’t matter when or where. Sometimes I’m wearing floppers, sometimes Crocs

I probably should wear it on the golf course.

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Shorts. Crocs, shirt, hat and a beer gut. I'm a handsome dude at 63!

Comment

Originally posted by dagdog View Post
              Have a cowboy hat that belonged to my Grandfather. He was the real deal. I don't wear it out of me not being the real deal.

Don't wear the flip flop either. I've dropped too many things on my feet. Besides all that who wants to see some dudes gnarly yellow toe nails.
              This is why I don’t wear one. I like them, but my dad told most guys were “all hat and no cattle”. Maybe one day I will get me a hat to wear when I get some cows.

Comment

Im just like most on here have responded. Ive started wearing one because it seems to give my face, ears and some neck more coverage from El Sol, than a cap.

Comment

I bet the hat companies are glad that everyone doesn't have the "all hat, no cattle" attitude.

Comment

I am 60 years old. I have issues with skin cancer. I pretty much ware a cowboy hat all the time. If I am fishing in the summer it will be in shorts and tennis shoes.
                    I don’t care what anyone thinks about how I am dressed or my lack of cattle

Comment

An all hat and no cattle blanket statement for anybody wearing a wide brimmed cowboy style hat is just dumb unless you have some doofus actually acting like he owns cattle or a ranch and he doesn't.

You never hear anybody say stuff like

all boots no cattle
                      all buckle no cattle

all running shoes....no marathon.
                      all Columbia....no fish
                      all Rolex no mansion
                      all visor no tennis
                      all camo no deer
                      all Costas no marlin

I mean seriously....wear what you like....wear what is comfortable....wear what helps you protect yourself......to heck with the fickle folks.

Comment

I get that all the time Smart....being the fashion-forward guy that I am, I'm usually wearing the latest footwear.

When folks ask about my shoes, they usually ask if they are running shoes.

The answer is always the same...."not if I'm wearing them"

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                          An all hat and no cattle blanket statement for anybody wearing a wide brimmed cowboy style hat is just dumb unless you have some doofus actually acting like he owns cattle or a ranch and he doesn't.

You never hear anybody say stuff like

all boots no cattle
                          all buckle no cattle

all running shoes....no marathon.
                          all Columbia....no fish
                          all Rolex no mansion
                          all visor no tennis
                          all camo no deer
                          all Costas no marlin

I mean seriously....wear what you like....wear what is comfortable....wear what helps you protect yourself......to heck with the fickle folks.

Most of the old timers I know will have a ball cap on when messing with their cattle anyway

Comment

I need to quit posting on this thread. I'm a cattle rancher and have been all my life. It doesn't matter squat to me at what ever you wear. I carry my boots to work in the pu but usually wear Crocs until I need to put my boots on. I'm out.

Comment

^^^^^same here^^^^;

Comment

If it's hot and I'm on the boat, mowing, outside, or at football practice I have one of these on. Don't care what anybody says. Keeps the sun off and its comfortable.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X