Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

30mm long range scope recommendations

Fellas,

In the middle of building a Howa 6.5 and needing a long range scope. Budget, max spent $1000. Planning to shoot out to 1000 yards and but no means in a competitions other than against lease mates.

Thanks!

Casey

I’ve got a VX-5HD I’d part with. Shoot me a PM of interested.

Comment

Meopta R1 4x16x44 . I have 3 very reliable

Comment

Double the budget for a true long range look at US optics

Another that that is over looked and may fall into your budget is a sightron glass is extremely clear they track great years ago they where much less today not so much optic planet has good prices and large selection. Good luck. Glass is very costly but worth every penny

Comment

I do agree glass is important but I’m not needing a night force to do some long range shooting with some buddies at the lease.

Originally posted by HDWRENCH View Post
          Double the budget for a true long range look at US optics

Another that that is over looked and may fall into your budget is a sightron glass is extremely clear they track great years ago they where much less today not so much optic planet has good prices and large selection. Good luck. Glass is very costly but worth every penny

Comment

NF is. Brand nothing to do wit LR I am a LR shooter have been for over 20 years. Maybe you. Think long range is what ????? How far are you shooting that you feel is long range

Comment

And moving right along...recommendations are welcome. Thanks tbh l

Comment

Wow ok sorry for asking. Have a great day DB

Comment

Any number of scopes are capable of getting you out to 1000 yards and beyond without braking the bank. If you will be shooting at irregular distances, I would definitely recommend a scope with a dialable elevation turret - either MOA or Mil, and perhaps parallax adjustment. After that, your preferences and pocket book can determine what other features you might want to look at.

Comment

Been eyeballing vx3 LRP 6.5-20 leuphold, like the zero stops.

Comment

Burris XTR II 5-25x50mm Illuminated G2B Mil-Dot FFP

Comment

Leupold vx3 LRP or a vortex genII looks like a good one with good features.

Comment

On the NF... the Nightforce SHV 5-20 56mm is $1170 at cabelas. Order through active junky and get 8-15% cash back depending on when you buy. Stack with a 10% off cabelas coupon and you got yourself a top notch scope for $1,000

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Appreciate it bud, will look into that!

Comment

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
                              Been eyeballing vx3 LRP 6.5-20 leuphold, like the zero stops.

I have 3 of those and have been really pleased.

Comment

Working...
                              X