No announcement yet.

Buying my wife a van. Which one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't buy a dodge - worst mistake of my car buying experiences and ownership

Comment

I appreciate the feedback. I'm just cheap and have had good luck with my Dodge pickup. Im now leaning toward the Toyota or Honda and will take a look at them in the near future.

Comment

We had an Odyssey and now have a Nissan NV. If mpg isn't a concern, the NV is awesome. Otherwise, I think the Honda is the best option. We owned ours for 3.5 years and put a little over 100k on it without a problem. Good mileage, comfortable, and a lot of features for the dollar.

Comment

Originally posted by Masmak View Post
          Don't buy a dodge - worst mistake of my car buying experiences and ownership

We had a similar problem with a Honda, but that doesn’t mean every Honda is bad. Every manufacturer, no matter how expensive of a brand, has a defect rate. What differentiates a good manufacturer from a bad one is how they deal with problems at a corporate level. To be honest, almost every manufacturer here lately seems to be lacking in this department.

Comment

Our handicap van is a Dodge Caravan. I hate it! Grant it, there aren’t many options when adding a wheel chair ramp. And I guess it could be because of the ramp, but I hate every aspect of it. The noise, the drive, the seats. The only good thing about it, is it has a ramp that allows us to take Macie places.

Comment

Originally posted by brianlg31 View Post
              Our handicap van is a Dodge Caravan. I hate it! Grant it, there aren’t many options when adding a wheel chair ramp. And I guess it could be because of the ramp, but I hate every aspect of it. The noise, the drive, the seats. The only good thing about it, is it has a ramp that allows us to take Macie places.
              I took a tour a few years ago at the Braun plant where they make buses and modify minivans for wheel chair ramps. On the minivans they would strip the inside out, remove the drivetrain, and bolt the shell on to a giant rotisserie. They would then cut the entire floorboard out, lower it down 6”, and then weld everything back together with a patch panel. Needless to say, the little insulation they do put in is not as good as the factory insulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Honker View Post
                Dude...NO! Pull out your man-card and look at the back. Rule #3 clearly states "NO MINI-VANS.

Go check out the new Ford Expedition or the Nissan Armada or the Chevy Suburban or the Toyota Sequoia.

Go buy any of these with middle row captains chairs and the problem is solved. Plus you're allowed to keep you man-card. Also forgot to mention that you will want the V8 model, except the Ford...that EcoBoost is a solid set up.

Man...that was too close...please...no more crazy talk.

Show me a vehicle that can seat 7, has 80+ cubic feet of cargo space with the 3rd row stowed, and can be found for less than $45k that is not a minivan.

Comment

We just bought a Dodge Grand Caravan GT. 2017 model from carmax. Don't be sucked in to the gotta have a Honda or Toyota. I just don't think they are worth the difference in
                  price. Check out TexasAutoDirect.com or Carmax.com. We got a loaded 2017 for about 20k.

Comment

oh ya

Comment

[quote=HuntForHorns;13375466]We just bought a Dodge Grand Caravan GT. 2017 model from carmax. Don't be sucked in to the gotta have a Honda or Toyota. I just don't think they are worth the difference in
                      price. Check out TexasAutoDirect.com or Carmax.com. We got a loaded 2017 for about 20k

Pay now or pay later.

Comment

I wanna play...my vote is to get this AWD grocery getter.

video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

Comment

One of Sportsmobile’s most popular product lines is the Mercedes-Benz Sprinter 4x4. The 4x4 option offers the expedition and adventure traveler a great platform. The Sprinter 4x4 opens up a new realm of possibilities for the weekend warrior looking to get a little further off the beaten path.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainDave View Post
                            Buddy of mine just went through this. He ended up with the Honda Odyssey.

He looked a multiple brands. Based on what he gathered, Honda pretty much sets the bar on mini-vans and all other manufactures follow.

Everything I’ve read and heard says Chrysler T&C sets the bar and the rest follow. They’ve been doing it the longest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                              Everything I’ve read and heard says Chrysler T&C sets the bar and the rest follow. They’ve been doing it the longest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                              It’s pretty dang nice. If people aren’t putting priority on how the outside looks you probably can’t get more in a vehicle for the money.

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
                                I've got nothing except, I thought it was funny if you read these two thread titles as one.......

[ATTACH]908153[/ATTACH]

Hey now [emoji33][emoji1303]

Comment

Working...
                                X