So it begins...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So it begins...

Found a dead hog at our front gate at our family land in Concho County. I didn't see any signs of hogs when I was around the property the whole weekend. I'm not sure if someone dumped it, or shot it off the side of the road, or just got ran it over. But, that means they are in the area. Anyone have hogs in Concho County?

This one wasn't very big. Looked to be about 30-40 lbs? There was an opossum eating it when we pulled up
    Attached Files

We are on 1929 a couple miles from Ivie. have 2 miles of Concho River and been there for 26 years. Saw my first 2 hogs this year just after Thanksgiving. Didn't have a shot and they were about that same size. Always said having a few hogs would be cool, don't think there is such a thing as a few hogs. We will see I guess. We never heard or saw a coyote until about 5 years ago either and now we are covered up with them also.

Comment

Originally posted by red-fin View Post
      We are on 1929 a couple miles from Ivie. have 2 miles of Concho River and been there for 26 years. Saw my first 2 hogs this year just after Thanksgiving. Didn't have a shot and they were about that same size. Always said having a few hogs would be cool, don't think there is such a thing as a few hogs. We will see I guess. We never heard or saw a coyote until about 5 years ago either and now we are covered up with them also.
      Same for us about the coyotes. I hear them all the time now, still haven't seen any, but see there sign.

So y'all are around Paint Rock?

We are East off of 3053 and some other roads.

We've had axis for about 12 years now as well.

Comment

Ttt

Comment

We hunt in Concho County (Paint Rock) and there has only been one hog seen in the last 3-4 years.

We hear and see plenty of coyotes.

Comment

Good luck with that.

Comment

They actually have really good meat! I enjoy having something to shoot outside of deer season. Never had any major damage to feeders or anything from them. Pasture rooting yes but nothing major and I am overrun with them!

Comment

We are just west of Paint Rock. No pigs or yotes.

Comment

Saw a single pig on camera at a feeder a few years ago. Found what looked to be the same pig outside lease gate dead. I'm guessing it was hit by a car no pigs ever seen before or since then. Gillespie county

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Paint Rock

Originally posted by Jared.King View Post
                    Same for us about the coyotes. I hear them all the time now, still haven't seen any, but see there sign.

So y'all are around Paint Rock?

We are East off of 3053 and some other roads.

We've had axis for about 12 years now as well.
                    We are about 7 miles NE of Paint Rock. Would like to have more targets for sure but don’t want the trouble associated with them. I sure would like to have some axis to kill but never seen one on our place.

Comment

We are about 7 miles NE of Paint Rock. Would like to have more targets for sure but don’t want the trouble associated with them. I sure would like to have some axis to kill but never seen one on our place.
                      We have a ton of axis at our place. I've seen over 40 at a time

Comment

Do you have plenty of turkeys? We sure do and I would love you trade a spring or fall turkey shoot for some axis shooting.

Comment

Do you have plenty of turkeys? We sure do and I would love you trade a spring or fall turkey shoot for some axis shooting.
                          We do haha! Sorry bud, but my Grandpa won’t let anyone hunt

Comment

Working...
                          X