Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2017, 06:07 PM   #51
Jspradley
Ten Point
 
Jspradley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: League City, TX
Hunt In: Wherever I can
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisco View Post
Well, I figure its time to stop lurking on the forums and actually contribute.

Thanks to everybody for an awesome weekend/introduction to Granger pig-sticking. Highlights defiantly include; hauling all my crap the wrong way from 6, eating snicker bars on the beer run and oh yea, skewering my first hog.

"Give a man a little luck, and anything 'll do fer brains"
Did this SOB just admit to eating outside food?!??

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Jspradley is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-20-2017, 06:08 PM   #52
Jspradley
Ten Point
 
Jspradley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: League City, TX
Hunt In: Wherever I can
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkbelly View Post
So when is the meat and potatoes hunt? I'm ready, just don't make it the weekend of April 29.
Me too bro...granger pigs are haunting my daydreams

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Jspradley is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-20-2017, 06:32 PM   #53
Rat
Ten Point
 
Rat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bertram
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkbelly View Post
So when is the meat and potatoes hunt? I'm ready, just don't make it the weekend of April 29.
I'll get a thread up in a couple of days.
Rat is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-20-2017, 06:39 PM   #54
strigif0rm3s
Eight Point
 
strigif0rm3s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Cedar Park
Hunt In: Earth.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jspradley View Post
Did this SOB just admit to eating outside food?!??

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
I bet that whole beer run boat wasn't innocent.....***!
Cat's out of the bag. Or pig is out of the hammock........
Had a great time guys.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
strigif0rm3s is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-20-2017, 07:09 PM   #55
paintman
Ten Point
 
paintman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: holland tx
Hunt In: granger mostly
Default

Had a blast once again my brothers,wasn't quite the same without the boy,but had a blast and the weather was awesome,
paintman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-20-2017, 07:36 PM   #56
KenWood
Ten Point
 
KenWood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Llano
Hunt In: Llano and Runnels county
Default

I stayed plenty full. I shot my first hog and was giving time so I went down to the trail and found blood and tracked it. At the end I found Sneaky and Archer23 with a hog that was shot up the butt and was relieved. Even if I didn't find mine I was still gonna eat. Followed blood on mine and it went to the private land. Thirty minutes later I shot a fast running big sow right in the shoulder bone. 300 yards later decided didn't get good penatration. Oh well still got to eat.
Want to apologize for my lack of social skills. I live way out in the country and don't get to meet new people. I went to this hunt not knowing anyone and I had a good time. Navychief, thanks for the crappie spot. Paycheck, thanks for the gracious welcoming. Rat, awesome cooking sir. B Destroyer, holler at me for some wood ducks. Sneaky, thanks for bringing that Shiner. I left a ridge reaper blind chair there so if anyone picked it up, consider it a gift.
KenWood is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-20-2017, 08:01 PM   #57
Jspradley
Ten Point
 
Jspradley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: League City, TX
Hunt In: Wherever I can
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by strigif0rm3s View Post
I bet that whole beer run boat wasn't innocent.....***!
Cat's out of the bag. Or pig is out of the hammock........
Had a great time guys.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Yeah. This should count as a GRXH 2018 infraction! To the river with them!

I did instantly regret admitting I hated cold water...I moved back away from the bank after I realized I revealed my weakness haha

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Jspradley is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-20-2017, 08:23 PM   #58
PRPechek
Four Point
 
PRPechek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Pueblo, CO
Hunt In: Granger
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisco View Post
...eating snicker bars on the beer run...
Come on now stop foolin, you didn't eat any Snicker bars. That was edible underwear.
PRPechek is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-20-2017, 08:35 PM   #59
marshhunter
Ten Point
 
marshhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Tomball
Hunt In: Pineland, Tx; Where the ducks are
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jspradley View Post
Yeah. This should count as a GRXH 2018 infraction! To the river with them!

I did instantly regret admitting I hated cold water...I moved back away from the bank after I realized I revealed my weakness haha

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk


Agreed!! To the river with them!!


And that water was colder than hell! Was still worth it tho!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
marshhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-20-2017, 08:43 PM   #60
marshhunter
Ten Point
 
marshhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Tomball
Hunt In: Pineland, Tx; Where the ducks are
Default

Well I had a dang good time as a first year! I'll be there for sure next year! I only took a couple of pics! Didn't kill a hog, but did kill a beaver!
Also two kegs isnt near enough for us! And the cachaca margarita stuff is **** good!



Glad my big *** cooler got put to good use! Sneaky hope that pork stayed cool on the ride home! I kept some for my self and will be cutting it up tomorrow or wed!

Was a dang good time meeting everyone and look forward to next year!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
marshhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-20-2017, 09:57 PM   #61
Jspradley
Ten Point
 
Jspradley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: League City, TX
Hunt In: Wherever I can
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshhunter View Post
Well I had a dang good time as a first year! I'll be there for sure next year! I only took a couple of pics! Didn't kill a hog, but did kill a beaver!
Also two kegs isnt near enough for us! And the cachaca margarita stuff is **** good!



Glad my big *** cooler got put to good use! Sneaky hope that pork stayed cool on the ride home! I kept some for my self and will be cutting it up tomorrow or wed!

Was a dang good time meeting everyone and look forward to next year!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Dude why didn't you bring the beaver to camp?! I've been wanting to eat beaver forever...I mean this kind of beaver...I eat plenty of the other kind lol


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Jspradley is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-20-2017, 09:59 PM   #62
Jspradley
Ten Point
 
Jspradley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: League City, TX
Hunt In: Wherever I can
Default

Oh yeah...Rat, did you fry any of that turtle? I ate some piece of meat that was real fishy but it was more like pork texture.

If I don't want to know please don't tell me what it was....


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Jspradley is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-20-2017, 10:25 PM   #63
Rat
Ten Point
 
Rat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bertram
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jspradley View Post
Oh yeah...Rat, did you fry any of that turtle? I ate some piece of meat that was real fishy but it was more like pork texture.

If I don't want to know please don't tell me what it was....


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yes sir, it was cooked in a nice light red wine sauce with sautéed wild onions in the small Dutch oven. It was tough and fishy, but edible.
Rat is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-21-2017, 05:40 AM   #64
stinkbelly
Pope & Young
 
stinkbelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Weatherford
Default

I think I will donate my hammock spot for the past two years to the newbies and go to the spot I had for the 4 years before that. As soon as I got to my spot I grabbed some brush to get it out of my way and immediately thought it was poison ivy. Well two years in a row I have poison ivy. I never had it in my other spot.
stinkbelly is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-21-2017, 07:20 AM   #65
marshhunter
Ten Point
 
marshhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Tomball
Hunt In: Pineland, Tx; Where the ducks are
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jspradley View Post
Dude why didn't you bring the beaver to camp?! I've been wanting to eat beaver forever...I mean this kind of beaver...I eat plenty of the other kind lol


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk


Rat said to clean the tail only, something about that's the only part you eat. We tried cleaning the tail but it was all cartilage and fatty looking. I'll shoot another one next year!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
marshhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-21-2017, 07:25 AM   #66
Jspradley
Ten Point
 
Jspradley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: League City, TX
Hunt In: Wherever I can
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rat View Post
Yes sir, it was cooked in a nice light red wine sauce with sautéed wild onions in the small Dutch oven. It was tough and fishy, but edible.
Hmm...this piece was fried.

The stewed turtle wasn't too bad.

Nevermind...I don't want to know. Haha

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Jspradley is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-21-2017, 09:24 AM   #67
B_Destroyer350
Four Point
 
B_Destroyer350's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Harker Heights Texas
Hunt In: Any Place I can
Default

Well boys this weekend as always was epic! My top 10!!
10. Hammock Is the way to go.
9. Learn paint mans tactics to killing pigs
8. Get more sleep (I'm old).
7. Rat has a weakness for lone star
6. PBR is always the best beer at Granger Ranger
5. What happens at granger stay t granger. I like plastic blow up dolls!!
4. Wonderful tasting Brazilian balls are the bomb!!
3. Only need one rod (not 5)
2. Hit less stumps in the river.
1. Meeting new people and making more friends and living the dream is what's it's all about.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
B_Destroyer350 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-21-2017, 09:26 AM   #68
B_Destroyer350
Four Point
 
B_Destroyer350's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Harker Heights Texas
Hunt In: Any Place I can
Default





Pig crossing the river


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
B_Destroyer350 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-21-2017, 09:54 AM   #69
Wisco
Nubbin' Buck
 
Wisco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: College Station
Hunt In: Wisconsin
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jspradley View Post
Dude why didn't you bring the beaver to camp?! I've been wanting to eat beaver forever...I mean this kind of beaver...I eat plenty of the other kind lol


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I've eaten beaver multiple times and I can't figure out how to make it taste good. Couldn't put enough barbecue sauce to cover up the beaver grease flavor. Not worth it
Wisco is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-21-2017, 10:00 AM   #70
solocam_aggie
Pope & Young
 
solocam_aggie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Bastrop
Hunt In: SABINAL, Sonora, Bastrop, Carrizozo NM
Default

Alright I debated on going this year, but I'm going to make plans to go next year for sure. Seems like yall have a blast every year!
solocam_aggie is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-21-2017, 10:11 AM   #71
Jspradley
Ten Point
 
Jspradley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: League City, TX
Hunt In: Wherever I can
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by solocam_aggie View Post
Alright I debated on going this year, but I'm going to make plans to go next year for sure. Seems like yall have a blast every year!
Do or do not, there is no debate. There is no do not either...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Jspradley is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-21-2017, 10:20 AM   #72
BrentRussell
Four Point
 
BrentRussell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Austin
Hunt In: East Texas & Central Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jspradley View Post
Do or do not, there is no debate. There is no do not either...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk


What he said...it was a blast!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BrentRussell is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-21-2017, 10:29 AM   #73
Briar Friar
Ten Point
 
Briar Friar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Texas
Hunt In: San Gabriel, Colorado and Rio Grande watersheds
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birddog66 View Post
What a weekend! It was a great time as always seeing old friends and making new ones. It seemed like we had a pretty good crop of newbies this year and I think most of them really had a good time. There were a couple I wasn’t too sure of. BTW – Can anyone confirm or deny that the newbie that slept in Wildman’s spot on Friday Night moved spots or left on Saturday? I know Wildman had a talk with him and we warned him about the possibility of “something falling in his drink” and being “taken advantage of”. Next thing you know he was gone.
I was that noob last year. Bojack ( call sign Charlie Brown) was the GRXH noob this year....although a full bore Granger Ranger...patch right side up type...he had to work and I gave him a lift out Saturday midday. If any consolation...he got poison ivy. That left side is all poison ivy runners and vines...hence the reason I camp in the middle of it and lay a tarp down.

I saw and shot at my first swimming hog and was really hoping BHO was gonna run it down with his boat. My head and heart are still on the Island.
Briar Friar is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-21-2017, 10:42 AM   #74
Jspradley
Ten Point
 
Jspradley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: League City, TX
Hunt In: Wherever I can
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briar Friar View Post
I was that noob last year. Bojack ( call sign Charlie Brown) was the GRXH noob this year....although a full bore Granger Ranger...patch right side up type...he had to work and I gave him a lift out Saturday midday. If any consolation...he got poison ivy. That left side is all poison ivy runners and vines...hence the reason I camp in the middle of it and lay a tarp down.

I saw and shot at my first swimming hog and was really hoping BHO was gonna run it down with his boat. My head and heart are still on the Island.
Briar Friar split the last piece of fried fish with me when I was withering away of starvation. He is a true first class Granger Ranger.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Jspradley is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-21-2017, 11:16 AM   #75
bho0351
Ten Point
 
bho0351's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Lampasas, TX
Hunt In: Blanco County, Granger, and wherever invited
Default

Once again, ladies and gents, it was a blast and an honor to spend time with old friends and the new friends I met this go around as well. I'd share a campfire with any one of y'all anytime.
I plan on getting out there some more to hunt before it grows over out there then hope to just fish over the summer a few times.
bho0351 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-21-2017, 11:27 AM   #76
bho0351
Ten Point
 
bho0351's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Lampasas, TX
Hunt In: Blanco County, Granger, and wherever invited
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigthumper View Post
I stayed plenty full. I shot my first hog and was giving time so I went down to the trail and found blood and tracked it. At the end I found Sneaky and Archer23 with a hog that was shot up the butt and was relieved. Even if I didn't find mine I was still gonna eat. Followed blood on mine and it went to the private land. Thirty minutes later I shot a fast running big sow right in the shoulder bone. 300 yards later decided didn't get good penatration. Oh well still got to eat.
Want to apologize for my lack of social skills. I live way out in the country and don't get to meet new people. I went to this hunt not knowing anyone and I had a good time. Navychief, thanks for the crappie spot. Paycheck, thanks for the gracious welcoming. Rat, awesome cooking sir. B Destroyer, holler at me for some wood ducks. Sneaky, thanks for bringing that Shiner. I left a ridge reaper blind chair there so if anyone picked it up, consider it a gift.


Is that the chair that folds up sideways kind of weird? I have that one and another chair also
bho0351 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-21-2017, 12:26 PM   #77
Briar Friar
Ten Point
 
Briar Friar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Texas
Hunt In: San Gabriel, Colorado and Rio Grande watersheds
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jspradley View Post
Briar Friar split the last piece of fried fish with me when I was withering away of starvation. He is a true first class Granger Ranger.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Thank you J. I had to force you to take it... I was in your place last year when Richard came to my rescue with one of the last hunks of hog midday Saturday. I wish I got to hunt with you directly....for sure next year. Youre kinda like a ghost ...Id look for you then you'd disappear then materialize outta nowhere...."is this MFer real?"

Last edited by Briar Friar; 02-21-2017 at 12:37 PM. Reason: ShareSpake
Briar Friar is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-21-2017, 12:39 PM   #78
Briar Friar
Ten Point
 
Briar Friar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Texas
Hunt In: San Gabriel, Colorado and Rio Grande watersheds
Default

Did the banner survive for another year?...I know it got Sneaky mushroom stamped...but did it get Pepper-rallied? I thought for sure it would after I left him that handle of Dewars.
Briar Friar is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-21-2017, 01:08 PM   #79
Jspradley
Ten Point
 
Jspradley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: League City, TX
Hunt In: Wherever I can
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briar Friar View Post
Did the banner survive for another year?...I know it got Sneaky mushroom stamped...but did it get Pepper-rallied? I thought for sure it would after I left him that handle of Dewars.
I saw it being folded up and carried away with due reverence... should still be around

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Jspradley is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-21-2017, 02:13 PM   #80
Rat
Ten Point
 
Rat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bertram
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briar Friar View Post
Did the banner survive for another year?...I know it got Sneaky mushroom stamped...but did it get Pepper-rallied? I thought for sure it would after I left him that handle of Dewars.
Yep, she'll make it back for sure. I'm going to make a tube for it so we can roll and store it; maybe last longer that way.
Rat is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-21-2017, 11:44 PM   #81
Briar Friar
Ten Point
 
Briar Friar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Texas
Hunt In: San Gabriel, Colorado and Rio Grande watersheds
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rat View Post
Yep, she'll make it back for sure. I'm going to make a tube for it so we can roll and store it; maybe last longer that way.
Kick ***!
Briar Friar is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-22-2017, 06:53 AM   #82
stinkbelly
Pope & Young
 
stinkbelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Weatherford
Default

This hunt is one of the top two hunts of my year. There are a few things I will remember for a while.

Shane, Brandon, and Hector...Wow. I never knew.
I had a hog run right up behind me and I thought it was Jspradley so I just started talking to it and didn't turn around.
I missed hogs for 5 years with a stick bow and got one the first year with a compound.
Briar Friar sent me a squirrel and Jspradley sent me a hog.

Probably the number one thing I will remember or at least repeat is that Rat said I could turn my patch over now. Well that and maybe Hector's stories.
stinkbelly is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-22-2017, 07:02 AM   #83
Jspradley
Ten Point
 
Jspradley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: League City, TX
Hunt In: Wherever I can
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkbelly View Post
This hunt is one of the top two hunts of my year. There are a few things I will remember for a while.

Shane, Brandon, and Hector...Wow. I never knew.
I had a hog run right up behind me and I thought it was Jspradley so I just started talking to it and didn't turn around.
I missed hogs for 5 years with a stick bow and got one the first year with a compound.
Briar Friar sent me a squirrel and Jspradley sent me a hog.

Probably the number one thing I will remember or at least repeat is that Rat said I could turn my patch over now. Well that and maybe Hector's stories.
Bro...you didn't tell me about talking to the hog... hahaahah

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Jspradley is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-22-2017, 07:20 AM   #84
Swampa
Pope & Young
 
Swampa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Tomball
Hunt In: Coleman
Default

Did I see Sniphunter in one of those pics?
Swampa is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-22-2017, 07:23 AM   #85
Sackett
Pope & Young
 
Sackett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Richmond, TX
Hunt In: Sutton County
Default

Man, it figures. I miss a GRXH and you guys kill almost as many hogs as the helicopters . Looks like y'all ate like Kings (and Queens for the Lady's and Pepper). I'll make it up to y'all for missing this year in a big way. Glad y'all had a blast and keep the pics coming.
Sackett is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-22-2017, 07:26 AM   #86
stinkbelly
Pope & Young
 
stinkbelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Weatherford
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jspradley View Post
Bro...you didn't tell me about talking to the hog... hahaahah

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
I thought you were running up behind me as I was running to take the shot. After I didn't take the shot I started talking to you. I turned around as a hog was running by at 10 yards and you were no where in sight. So it can be said that I speak to the hogs.
stinkbelly is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-22-2017, 09:05 AM   #87
Rat
Ten Point
 
Rat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bertram
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkbelly View Post
I thought you were running up behind me as I was running to take the shot. After I didn't take the shot I started talking to you. I turned around as a hog was running by at 10 yards and you were no where in sight. So it can be said that I speak to the hogs.
Stinkbelly the Hog Whisperer...
Rat is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-22-2017, 10:17 AM   #88
Danimal14
Ten Point
 
Danimal14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: pflugerville
Hunt In: anywhere freinds will take me and granger phl
Default

I posted a few on the other thread but I'll repost here....I was only there Saturday but was a good time..always fun to see the Granger crew...



B double E double R UN..


Talking that bull***** haha

Roasted piglet that wudstix tomahawked

Rats kitchen...gtfo

Big as$ sow..


Who ended up with this piglet I went hunting sat evening and was gonna steal her out of bucket to take home but she was gone..


See yall next year and hopefully run into some before that...yeehawg!
Danimal14 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-22-2017, 10:41 AM   #89
Birddog66
Ten Point
 
Birddog66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Pflugerville
Hunt In: Milam County
Default

Thanks for all the pics everybody!! Good Job!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexRN View Post
Oh fear not! For it is still a manfest.
Manfest it is, and shall forever be. You should check out the Granger Ranger fb page to see how the piglets are doing. I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkbelly View Post
Shane, Brandon, and Hector...Wow. I never knew.
Haha!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
Man, it figures. I miss a GRXH and you guys kill almost as many hogs as the helicopters . Looks like y'all ate like Kings (and Queens for the Lady's and Pepper). I'll make it up to y'all for missing this year in a big way. Glad y'all had a blast and keep the pics coming.
You were certainly missed General Sackett! But we carried on as good rangers and stuck to our duty. Let's hope for no tornadoes in the Houston area prior to GRXH 2018!
Birddog66 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-22-2017, 10:43 AM   #90
Danimal14
Ten Point
 
Danimal14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: pflugerville
Hunt In: anywhere freinds will take me and granger phl
Default

I don't have fb...I'm missing out

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk
Danimal14 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-22-2017, 10:46 AM   #91
Birddog66
Ten Point
 
Birddog66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Pflugerville
Hunt In: Milam County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danimal14 View Post
Who ended up with this piglet I went hunting sat evening and was gonna steal her out of bucket to take home but she was gone..
Seems like I saw it on fb somewhere alive and well, but I can't find it on the granger ranger page. Maybe someone posted it themselves?? Zack took home the smaller one like that. Almost sure I saw it though. That one was my favorite as well!
Birddog66 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-22-2017, 11:27 AM   #92
BrentRussell
Four Point
 
BrentRussell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Austin
Hunt In: East Texas & Central Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birddog66 View Post
Seems like I saw it on fb somewhere alive and well, but I can't find it on the granger ranger page. Maybe someone posted it themselves?? Zack took home the smaller one like that. Almost sure I saw it though. That one was my favorite as well!


Lucas took that one home, there's a video of it chasing his daughter around & squealing on Facebook.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BrentRussell is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-22-2017, 11:42 AM   #93
Birddog66
Ten Point
 
Birddog66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Pflugerville
Hunt In: Milam County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentRussell View Post
Lucas took that one home, there's a video of it chasing his daughter around & squealing on Facebook.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ahhh, Cool! I couldn't tell it was this one because of it's little pink outfit.
Birddog66 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-22-2017, 12:19 PM   #94
stinkbelly
Pope & Young
 
stinkbelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Weatherford
Default

Can someone link that video here? I don't have facebook.
stinkbelly is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-22-2017, 01:01 PM   #95
Hog Lick
Six Point
 
Hog Lick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Round Rock
Hunt In: Anywhere I can
Default

Here you go for the non facebook people.

https://youtu.be/gx5Ofnp0Ww0
Hog Lick is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-22-2017, 01:09 PM   #96
Danimal14
Ten Point
 
Danimal14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: pflugerville
Hunt In: anywhere freinds will take me and granger phl
Default

I see they adjust quickly. ..probably shouldn't show that to my daughter she was already upset I didn't bring one home haha

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk
Danimal14 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-22-2017, 01:34 PM   #97
strigif0rm3s
Eight Point
 
strigif0rm3s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Cedar Park
Hunt In: Earth.
Default

That's one thing I forgot to do to my piglet-Play bikes! Probably why it ran out of my hammock....

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
strigif0rm3s is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-22-2017, 02:13 PM   #98
Hog Lick
Six Point
 
Hog Lick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Round Rock
Hunt In: Anywhere I can
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by strigif0rm3s View Post
That's one thing I forgot to do to my piglet-Play bikes! Probably why it ran out of my hammock....

Yeah, I'm sure that was it....
Hog Lick is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-22-2017, 02:36 PM   #99
B_Destroyer350
Four Point
 
B_Destroyer350's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Harker Heights Texas
Hunt In: Any Place I can
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigthumper View Post
I stayed plenty full. I shot my first hog and was giving time so I went down to the trail and found blood and tracked it. At the end I found Sneaky and Archer23 with a hog that was shot up the butt and was relieved. Even if I didn't find mine I was still gonna eat. Followed blood on mine and it went to the private land. Thirty minutes later I shot a fast running big sow right in the shoulder bone. 300 yards later decided didn't get good penatration. Oh well still got to eat.
Want to apologize for my lack of social skills. I live way out in the country and don't get to meet new people. I went to this hunt not knowing anyone and I had a good time. Navychief, thanks for the crappie spot. Paycheck, thanks for the gracious welcoming. Rat, awesome cooking sir. B Destroyer, holler at me for some wood ducks. Sneaky, thanks for bringing that Shiner. I left a ridge reaper blind chair there so if anyone picked it up, consider it a gift.


Absolutely my friend


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
B_Destroyer350 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-22-2017, 06:17 PM   #100
Jspradley
Ten Point
 
Jspradley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: League City, TX
Hunt In: Wherever I can
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by strigif0rm3s View Post
That's one thing I forgot to do to my piglet-Play bikes! Probably why it ran out of my hammock....

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Whatever helps you sleep at night...I know what you did to that pig

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Jspradley is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com