Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice public land deer.

Comment

Those are great bucks. My dad got one on Caddo a few years ago.

Comment

Good job fellas...

Comment

Thats a good buck!! Amistad?

How do you go about hunting amistad area land? Is it only military or do you get drawn?

Comment

Nice

Comment

Great Deer keep them coming !

Comment

These weren't bow kills but they were off public land. I'm just getting back into bowhunting after a long hiatus.

This was a muley I killed on the GMD at Matador WMA last December.

This was a big ole nasty boar I shot at Justin Hurst WMA last month.

Comment

I am going to hunt some public land in the fall. These pics/stories are encouraging.

Comment

Kickapoo Caverns

Click image for larger version

Name:	Kickapoo (6).JPG
Views:	2
Size:	141.2 KB
ID:	23982190

Comment

Sam Houston 2010

The first pic is a nubbin buck that both Huntinfool and I thought was a doe. We were both surprised when we found it. So my first bow kill was a nubbin buck that wiped out my buck tag. Truth is I couldna been happier. Shot with a Bloodrunner 2 blade. Piled up at 40yds. Best day I've ever had hunting. Thanks Big D!

Second pic is doe that was my second bow kill. Shot with a Bloodrunner 2 blade. Ran downhill and piled up at 50yds. Awesome thing was that I got to see my brother shoot a deer about 3 minutes before I got mine. I got to see his shot and he got to see mine. 2nd best day hunting ever.

Third pic is a doe that was my first muzzle loader kill. 75yds with a TC Omega, 250 gr Hornady SST, 95gr of Blackhorn 209, open sights. Bang flop.

This was by far the best year I've ever had.

Props to Damian and Bryce for bringing me into the fold.

Bow was a Bear Element 60lb.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Trent D; 03-24-2011, 08:08 PM.

Comment

Those are all nice deer and hog

Comment

Originally posted by Trent D View Post
                          The first pic is a nubbin buck that both Huntinfool and I thought was a doe. We were both surprised when we found it. So my first bow kill was a nubbin buck that wiped out my buck tag.
                          I think you could have used a doe tag on that button buck,it doesn't appear the skin is broken over the buttons.

Comment

<------- My kid shot this doe on the last day of a youth hunt at Richland creek WMA. 144 yards DRT. Of course we were on a doe and spike hunt and saw mostly great bucks the entire time.

Comment

Killed 11/26 Lake Waco Corps land
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	PB260023.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	23983408

Comment

Congrats on all those Public land trophies, sure makes it all worth while when a plan comes together. again congrats and thanks for posting.

Comment

Working...
                                X