Arms falling asleep!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
    I take it you missed the part that states don't get adjustments if you have numbness or tingling in your extremities--both of which Fred states he has. It also references the risk of vertebral artery dissection.
    No I saw that and that is why I posted it.. That is good to know.. I was thinking the OP might see it too.

Comment

Originally posted by Louis View Post
      Also might go to chiropractor.
      I thought they were quacks till very recently...my right arm was tingling 24/7 along with neck pain & mostly loss of sleep made me mental. MY FIL talked me into going to his & have no problem eating crow.

Like all docs, you gotta research but this would be my first path...took my FIL 3 to find one that could help.

Guess I should also mention it took tingling 3-4 weeks to go away after starting...3x week for 2 months, then 2x a week & now down to 1x a week currently.
      Last edited by Artos; 03-29-2019, 09:12 PM.

Comment

And just like that now I’m starting to get discomfort on the ride side of my neck (if you were looking from behind). Going to try and schedule something this week... the green is where the discomfort is and radiating just slightly about 6” straight down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Back in December I was experiencing numbness in my right hand pinky and next finger. I went to the chiropractor on some advise that it might be a pinched nerve. I got adjusted several times and it just got worse, went to the other hand and up to both elbows. Then numbness and tingling in my legs and feet. The Chiropractor sent me for an MRI where they did see a bulging disc which wasn't really too bad. I went ahead and went to my Dr. and she sent me for a full MRI (1.5 hours in the tube). It turns out I have a mass in my spinal cord that they will be treating very shortly. I highly suggest you get an MRI to know exactly what you have and are not guessing. You nerves flow through you spine and your spine is nothing to play with, It runs the whole show.

My mass is Exactly where you show Green.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdawg View Post
            Back in December I was experiencing numbness in my right hand pinky and next finger. I went to the chiropractor on some advise that it might be a pinched nerve. I got adjusted several times and it just got worse, went to the other hand and up to both elbows. Then numbness and tingling in my legs and feet. The Chiropractor sent me for an MRI where they did see a bulging disc which wasn't really too bad. I went ahead and went to my Dr. and she sent me for a full MRI (1.5 hours in the tube). It turns out I have a mass in my spinal cord that they will be treating very shortly. I highly suggest you get an MRI to know exactly what you have and are not guessing. You nerves flow through you spine and your spine is nothing to play with, It runs the whole show.

My mass is Exactly where you show Green.
            Ooof that’s not what i want to hear...

Comment

Any ortho recommendations in Conroe/woodlands area?

Comment

I was referred by my MD to the Houston Neurological Institute and then They referred me to MD Anderson. I guess its just by who the insurance accepts and goes with or your MD referral.

Comment

You need to get an EMG test, and will most likely have to have surgery to decompress the nerve in your elbow and carperal tunnle in hand. It fixed mine.

Comment

Research Thoracic Outlet Syndrome. I have it and the same symptoms as you. Pitchers (7 or 8 Rangers pitchers have had it), electricians, painters, people who use their arms above normal level often or poor ergonomics at a computer for prolonged periods of time usually cause it. Check into it.

Comment

Ulnar nerve entrapment. I have it in both arms and wake up a few times every night because of it. It's no fun at all

Comment

Did you follow up on this Corey? I’m having the same symptoms and need to get it checked out.

Comment

Arms falling asleep!

Originally posted by scotth89 View Post
                          Did you follow up on this Corey? I’m having the same symptoms and need to get it checked out.

I took a month off from the gym it subsided tremendously.... started working out again and within 3 days it flared back up. Not sure what’s causing it but i believe it’s related to my workouts. Now to figure out why? Because i have a very physical job so to think it’s physical activity that’s causing it doesn’t seem to be the case it seems to be muscle building related specific and not just general activity if that makes sense.

Comment

Go to chiropractor first! Stay away from surgery if you can! What happens is you have a group of nerves called the brachial plexus that runs from C5-T1 that runs behind your clavicle to your arms. If any or your vertebrae are misaligned, it could be the cause of you losing feeling. Could also be a misalignment of the clavicle pressing on the nerves or when you’re raising your arms / you could have an impingement on the nerves/ your axillary artery that could be reducing blood flow.

GO TO CHIROPRACTOR BEFORE DR!

Comment

Arms falling asleep!

I don’t have any pain or crazy amount of discomfort in my neck or back. However the best way to describe what i fell is right where head of bicep ties into arm pit area it feels as if someone is pressing their thumb against it feels almost like there’s a rubber band wrapped around my arm if that makes sense. I can literally feel the restriction pretty much always and is exasperated when i workout, and even feels that way if i have no shirt on.

Comment

My left arm went numb while sleeping in a hammock. After 2 months I went to the doctor. He wanted to fuse 4 vertebra in my neck. I settled for 2. I have the nerve to my left arm pinched off 80%. A chiropractor would have made it worse.

I have also had numbness in my right arm. I have had 2 right shoulder surgeries due to that issue.

My pain and numbness always go away if I it around on the couch and do nothing with my life, but I can't live that way.

Comment

Working...
                                X