No announcement yet.

ND ice fishing!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Already can’t wait to go back next year!

Comment

When I went ice fishing in North Dakota, it was an excuse to get drunk....

Comment

Cool post, thanks for sharing.

Comment

It's that time again! Leave for ND Sat morning and be in Bismarck Sun afternoon and I'm bringing the family up with me for Xmas this year. Let them experience a white xmas and cold and ice fishing. I'm planning on taking them skiing one day as well. Probably won't get out on the ice till Monday at the earliest but I'll post pics as soon as the action starts if I get a signal. Some pretty desolate ponds we fish up there. Ice isn't thick enough for the trucks yet so we'll have to load the polaris up with the house and all the gear. I'll let the family stay in the truck on shore and stay warm while I get the holes drilled, house set up and heater on. Once that's all said and done I'll go pick them up and drive them out to the warm house. Forecast as of today looks like 20's for highs next week so it's not too cold really. I hope we get on them so my kids have as much fun as I do and don't get bored.

Comment

Good gosh that looks cold but those jumbo perch make for a good fish fry.

Comment

I miss Ice fishing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Oh you can’t beat it! Even if the fish don’t bite it’s still hanging with friends and throwing a few or 12 back! I’m thinking my kids will dig it. I’m excited!

Comment

Got into channel cats on a frozen river a few years back, the fight, the numbers and the the taste of frosty white meat from cold water!
                  Attached Files

Comment

Made it to South Dakota today. Got a hotel with indoor water park for kids. Hit a liquor store for booze and momma and me are watching the kids from the hot tub. About 6.5hrs left tomorrow and I’ll be fishing first thing Monday morning! Excited!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dakota7493 View Post
                      Made it to South Dakota today. Got a hotel with indoor water park for kids. Hit a liquor store for booze and momma and me are watching the kids from the hot tub. About 6.5hrs left tomorrow and I’ll be fishing first thing Monday morning! Excited!!
                      Good luck brother. I sure miss Ice Fishing. Douglas bay and Parshall bay were always my favorites on Sakakawea and just west of car body island on Audubon.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Balmy 22 this morning, for here at least. Getting the kids and wife up and fed and dressed in warm clothes and motivated. That’s a chore in its self. Bro should be here soon and off we go. Don’t even know what lake yet cause as off last night we were still fielding reports from his friends about lakes they’d fished the past few days. Ice isn’t truck ready yet so we will have to haul gear and people back and forth with the 4-wheeler. Ice is 8-10 inches on average with some spots as little as 4 or less. Plan is to let family sit in warm truck on shore while we get houses set up then get them out there after the cold work is done. Hopefully be posting fish pics by 9!

Comment

Good luck and keep the photos coming!

Comment

Dang I bet that's a really cool experience!

Comment

Good luck!!

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

One day I want to do that. Looks like it would be a blast

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X