No announcement yet.

SHNF 16-17 BS thread ( Banter session)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was informed today that there are more burns and clearcuts planned this spring for the beetle problem. I do not know where to look to get the locations.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
      I'm concerned about what happens after this new neighborhood is built there at 45 and 1374 (or 1375. Whatever it is right there at New Waverly). You get all these **** Houston yuppies that haven't got a ****ing clue about nature (which should be obvious since they're tearing up a beautiful piece of property and displacing untold numbers of animals from their homes to build look-alike McMansions, but yet they can't see the irony) and don't want any barbarians killing those helpful deers (yes, I said "deers." I know better, but city-slickers don't).
      You don't know how many Urbanarians ask me if I've caught any deer . I just smile or smirk and inform them I don't use Cast nets or traps . And I think WOW !! These people don't get out much.

Comment

There is a guy selling a 2wd 4l60e transmission claiming that it fits everything and that it is actually a 4wd transmission, you just have to take the tail shaft housing off. I am pulling out my hair but I have already tried to set him straight. I don't want to get put in the cooler so I come rant to you guys.

Comment

Originally posted by hot_rod_eddie View Post
          There is a guy selling a 2wd 4l60e transmission claiming that it fits everything and that it is actually a 4wd transmission, you just have to take the tail shaft housing off. I am pulling out my hair but I have already tried to set him straight. I don't want to get put in the cooler so I come rant to you guys.
          My dad always told me that know it all's never learn anything new.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Best Valentine's Day ever
            Last edited by kevin nicholls; 05-09-2022, 08:11 PM.

Comment

I got mine diamonds. That way........she'll pretty much have to.

Comment

Originally posted by BowOnly81 View Post
                I got mine diamonds. That way........she'll pretty much have to.
                Have to what? Shut up? For a minute?

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                  Have to what? Shut up? For a minute?

Less than a minute.

Comment

Like you could last a minute....

Comment

Originally posted by wanderin39 View Post
                      Was informed today that there are more burns and clearcuts planned this spring for the beetle problem. I do not know where to look to get the locations.
                      David, i used to get the emails about all the work and burns in the forest but have not seen anything for a while now. The forest office will have a map on their desk for the public to see where bruns will take place as they plan them. If i see anything I'll let you know

Comment

Originally posted by huntinfool View Post
                        Like you could last a minute....

Hehe, a regular ol one pump chump huh?

Comment

Originally posted by AJMag View Post
                          Hehe, a regular ol one pump chump huh?
                          Rumor has it.

Comment

My funny for the day. Sherry and I arrive in Foley for the first tournament of the year. As we are heading down 59 a car goes by. Then slows down and they look at us. I turn and look at them and say what the %#+ are you looking at? Then realize it's the Olympic gold medalist Brady Ellison and his wife Toya waving at us. I was like oops. What are the odds of that happing lol.

Comment

Originally posted by dmack View Post
                              My funny for the day. Sherry and I arrive in Foley for the first tournament of the year. As we are heading down 59 a car goes by. Then slows down and they look at us. I turn and look at them and say what the %#+ are you looking at? Then realize it's the Olympic gold medalist Brady Ellison and his wife Toya waving at us. I was like oops. What are the odds of that happing lol.
                              Same thought you probably had when i saw yall a few weeks ago. I was laughing at myself cause i saw the mathews sticker, started reading it, then like a full minute later i realized i knew the name below it. Blonde moment.

Comment

Originally posted by AJMag View Post
                                Same thought you probably had when i saw yall a few weeks ago. I was laughing at myself cause i saw the mathews sticker, started reading it, then like a full minute later i realized i knew the name below it. Blonde moment.

When was that? I don't remember. But I did see your buddy Scott yesterday. He came by the shop to say hi.

Comment

Working...
                                X