Thompson Temple lately?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The General View Post
    Drove by this past Tuesday on my way home and saw a ton of rams in whatever pasture is right by HWY 41, looked target rich.
    What's up with that particular pasture? I drive by it too on the way to our place. I see several blinds but not a stitch of ground cover. Do they really put hunters in there?

Comment

Originally posted by WTN View Post
      What's up with that particular pasture? I drive by it too on the way to our place. I see several blinds but not a stitch of ground cover. Do they really put hunters in there?

Thompson does not hunt this pasture. He is raising some crosses to sell.

Comment

Drove by this past Tuesday on my way home and saw a ton of rams in whatever pasture is right by HWY 41, looked target rich.
        This is a completely different ranch of his.

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
          You should find another thread.

Your opinion isn't contributing anything worthwhile, on this one.
          And yet another

Comment

Originally posted by Huggybear View Post
            And yet another
            Just can't stop can ya.....

Comment

Yes this place camps be as hard or as easy as you want. This is a great place to take a young hunter to get there feet in the blood. Go with the right people and you will have a blast. Is it the best place no. But it's just as fun.

Comment

I have no idea, I've never been, just passing the word. If you look close there is a tripod on the west end of the field right near a cattle pen behind a cedar bush.

Comment

I have no idea, I've never been, just passing the word. If you look close there is a tripod on the west end of the field right near a cattle pen behind a cedar bush.
                  Like Phdan said, he mainly uses that ranch to raise stuff that he's selling; he calls it Cowboy.
                  I have hunted it, once, and killed one of his bighorn mouflon crosess.
                  It's not where you'll be hunting if you book a ram hunt with him.

Comment

Like Phdan said, he mainly uses that ranch to raise stuff that he's selling; he calls it Cowboy.
                    I have hunted it, once, and killed one of his bighorn mouflon crosess.
                    It's not where you'll be hunting if you book a ram hunt with him.
                    That's good to know, I thought that was his main ranch but honestly just didn't know. It isn't really my thing, but I am certainly not against those who like it- I was just passing on the info there were a lot of rams in that pasture and somebody should go stick one!

Comment

That's good to know, I thought that was his main ranch but honestly just didn't know. It isn't really my thing, but I am certainly not against those who like it- I was just passing on the info there were a lot of rams in that pasture and somebody should go stick one!
                      The ranch that you see on 41 is 100 acres.

Since you're pretty familiar with the area, plug these coordinates into Google maps.

29.866456, -99.976709

This is the A-frame cabin, in the main hunting ranch.
                      It's back 2 miles, on a private road, from 2631.
                      You won't see it from the road.

Comment

Thanks for the info Texastaxi

Comment

The ranch that you see on 41 is 100 acres.

Since you're pretty familiar with the area, plug these coordinates into Google maps.

29.866456, -99.976709

This is the A-frame cabin, in the main hunting ranch.
                          It's back 2 miles, on a private road, from 2631.
                          You won't see it from the road.
                          Wow that's really interesting. I never knew that, thanks for sharin. As a crow flies, I hunt about 3 miles NW of there. Looks to be about 8.5 miles if you were to drive. I always wondered why y'all would go swimming in the river off 55, now I know where the ranch is that makes more sense!

Comment

Did his prices change or did he quit releasing "no tag" animals? He alluded to doing that last year.

Comment

The place on 41 is a holding facility and a place to have his signs displayed for advertising. He gets a better price on rams during the summer so he holds them there until he needs them to put on the main ranch.

Comment

Originally posted by Classic Rocks View Post
                                Did his prices change or did he quit releasing "no tag" animals? He alluded to doing that last year.

Last time I was there the no tags were few and far between

Comment

Working...
                                X