'72 Chevrolet Cheyenne Bed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'72 Chevrolet Cheyenne Bed

Bought this truck from a good friend in Coahoma, Texas two years ago for my son to drive when he turned 16. In reality, I've always wanted one of these trucks so it was a good excuse.

My buddy had owned the truck for 2 1/2 years and put 400 miles on it in that time. He purchased it from the original owner, who had rebuilt it in '96 or '97. At that time, he lowered it, put an '80's model seat and steering column, rebuilt the motor and put a new wood bed in it. When we bought it, it had 16,000 miles on that rebuilt motor.

The finish on the bed was peeling so instead of purchasing a new bed wood kit for it, me and my son took the bed off and we refinished the wood.

My neighbor offered to run the boards through his planer, taking 1/64" off of them just to remove the old finish. We then used Cabot Australian wood sealer in the Mahogany tint.

Here's the before and after photos...

The only problem is that my wife thinks I'm really good at refinishing and she wants me to do a couple of tables for her...!!!

Looks great!!!

Comment

Really nice.

Comment

Sweetness!!!! My first truck was a 73 Cheyenne but didn't look that good. Nice work! And being that he had a hand in re-finishing it will make him appreciate it more.

HG

Comment

Wow. Very good way to help him appreciate I sweet ride.

Comment

very NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have a 72 im working on too but dont know how to post em. These trucks are priceless!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
            X