No announcement yet.

Anyone on a Ketogenic Diet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This little place is a 3 minute walk from my house. My Sunday brunch typically involves egg-chiladas (eggs stuffed with green Chile chicken and cheese) with a side of calabacitis. Very keto friendly. Now they have added papas to my calabicitas. I’m gonna complain about that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
      This little place is a 3 minute walk from my house. My Sunday brunch typically involves egg-chiladas (eggs stuffed with green Chile chicken and cheese) with a side of calabacitis. Very keto friendly. Now they have added papas to my calabicitas. I’m gonna complain about that.

Good looking egg-chiladas!

Comment

I picked up this cookbook the other day and have been enjoying it a lot: https://www.amazon.com/Wicked-Good-K...+keto+cookbook

I made "Cheese Bomb Meatballs" the other day and they were absolutely delicious!

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
          Going to be interesting but I am going to make some tacos I found some jicama tortillas chicken flautas are on the menu boys
          How did these turn out? I saw these at Central Market, but was too creeped out to try them.

Comment

is anyone drinking Ketones?

Comment

Who's got some good crockpot recipes? Something I can put on in the morning and be ready when I get home

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mann Eye-Ashley View Post
                How did these turn out? I saw these at Central Market, but was too creeped out to try them.
                Tagged.

There has to be sumtin out there besides (barf) powdered egg protein bread / tortillas!

Comment

Originally posted by Target-panic View Post
                  Ketosis and Starvation Mode are to separate things. Bulletproof Coffee is not just coffee. Look it up. I don't consider your comments a downer, just not well informed.
                  I agree that one should not necessarily stay in ketosis for the rest of their days. But if it means that I am not carrying around 80-100 extra lbs and I can cut back or eliminate regulatory meds, then sign me up. Reintroducing some of the foods that kill the ketosis will be essential to the maintenance mode of the dramatic results of the Keto way of eating.

One year later almost. How is it holding up for you? Have you stayed on it? How much weight have you lost?

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                    Tagged.

There has to be sumtin out there besides (barf) powdered egg protein bread / tortillas!
                    I've posted on those jicama torillas before. They really don't have a taste unless you add butter like I do but they do add a little bit of crunch so makes a great taco shell.

Comment

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post
                      I've posted on those jicama torillas before. They really don't have a taste unless you add butter like I do but they do add a little bit of crunch so makes a great taco shell.
                      Do you warm them or just eat them cold?

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                        One year later almost. How is it holding up for you? Have you stayed on it? How much weight have you lost?

I lost an initial 39 lbs and sustained it until deer season, harder to stay on the plan with camp cooking. Gained 10-12 lbs back. Since each sessions is designed around a 28 meals plan.
                        The wife and I have started it again today.

Comment

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post
                          Just brown them with butter and wrap or do they get hard like a chip?

Comment

Originally posted by Target-panic View Post
                            I lost an initial 39 lbs and sustained it until deer season, harder to stay on the plan with camp cooking. Gained 10-12 lbs back. Since each sessions is designed around a 28 meals plan.
                            The wife and I have started it again today.

Nice!

Do not take this personally. But that is what is hard with these diets and meal plans. It takes a lifestyle change to keep it up.

If you start meal prepping at home once a week, it will be alot easier. And don't have a start date, but more so work each week or so to hold each other accountable and slowly improve your eating. And a more moderate exercise. As like I mentioned for most people going to a track 2-4 days a week is not sustainable.

Comment

I am intrigued by this way of eating, as a good friend of mine is hardcore on it. And he is bigtime in the fitness industry with several degrees and certs. And trains some professional athletes.

I am a big guy, and just scared about the idea of not eating much or not until lunch time. Especially after a 6am workout when I normally drink a protein shake after. I get hungry alot

Comment

Originally posted by Mann Eye-Ashley View Post
                                Do you warm them or just eat them cold?
                                Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                                Just brown them with butter and wrap or do they get hard like a chip?
                                We warm them on a griddle. It's more crunchy than a soft corn tortilla but no, they don't crisp up like a hard taco. Never tried frying though.

Comment

Working...
                                X