Waco mini series. Branch Davidian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by poisonivie View Post
    Thanks for your service, Helibow. That was a dark time.
    ......x2.

Originally posted by flatlander View Post
    ........I’ve gone foggy, or never knew, but what was the reason for the raid in the first place? What were they doing out there?

And I’m not asking to antagonize, I seriously never new or don’t remember.
    To check their gun sales log books. New Administration's statement on armed militia, gun control and gun shows. Davidian members held over a dozen FFL's, a couple were even Class III.

Originally posted by miket View Post
    Yep. They sent good men in KNOWING the davidians had illegal full auto rifles. Sacrificed for a show, to make a point. May the agents killed rest in peace.
    Continued prayers.

I'm guessing the History Channel is again trying to re-write History.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
      Mistakes were made....but they had 51 days to get the kids out.
      And for 51 days professional negotiators from multiple agencies worked diligently to get them out... a couple were released. A robotic vehicle was used to deliver milk and other items for the kids during this event by the Feds. There were more gun toting dads and grandads in uniform around that place and their biggest concern was for the kids. It was a sad situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
        and more often than not the average poster makes their decision based on the media.
        And the media is typically absolutely wrong. An example - about a week into this event, we realized that we were likely going to be in for the long haul, and that there was a potential for additional casualties. With that, the National Guard assisted with putting up fully functioning emergency room/hospital tents at our command center. In addition, we had a couple of Huey's that we were going to use for medivac. As with all things military, the NG wanted to practice to be prepared, so we had people on stretchers, loaded them on helicopters, they lifted, took a quick loop around, and came back to the LZ. One of those practice sessions, I was "off" and sitting in the command post watching the news stations. As soon as the aircraft cranked, they broke in with "it appears the federal agents are preparing for an air assault or recon as multiple aircraft are being seen lifting from inside the command area"..... really...... We just had to laugh and shake our heads. The media made more work for everyone involved.

Comment

Originally posted by helibow View Post
          And the media is typically absolutely wrong. An example - about a week into this event, we realized that we were likely going to be in for the long haul, and that there was a potential for additional casualties. With that, the National Guard assisted with putting up fully functioning emergency room/hospital tents at our command center. In addition, we had a couple of Huey's that we were going to use for medivac. As with all things military, the NG wanted to practice to be prepared, so we had people on stretchers, loaded them on helicopters, they lifted, took a quick loop around, and came back to the LZ. One of those practice sessions, I was "off" and sitting in the command post watching the news stations. As soon as the aircraft cranked, they broke in with "it appears the federal agents are preparing for an air assault or recon as multiple aircraft are being seen lifting from inside the command area"..... really...... We just had to laugh and shake our heads. The media made more work for everyone involved.
          Preaching to the choir brother!

The last 5 years of my career have really opened my eyes with them. I watch the weather and the traffic reports on the AM news. Thats it. Now and then someone will say they saw me on the news and I make sure they got my good side.

Comment

Originally posted by helibow View Post
            And for 51 days professional negotiators from multiple agencies worked diligently to get them out... a couple were released. A robotic vehicle was used to deliver milk and other items for the kids during this event by the Feds. There were more gun toting dads and grandads in uniform around that place and their biggest concern was for the kids. It was a sad situation.
            Oh I have no doubt that the kids were the main concern of every man on the outside looking in...no doubt.

It's just a shame there were no men on the inside willing to do what needed done to get them out while the nut job they were following was apparently telling them all they would fight when the time came.

Comment

Oh I have no doubt that the kids were the main concern of every man on the outside looking in...no doubt.

It's just a shame there were no men on the inside willing to do what needed done to get them out while the nut job they were following was apparently telling them all they would fight when the time came.

It is a shame. But they were so brainwashed they would do anything for their leader.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Tim Riggens plays a pretty good part huh?

Comment

Been pretty good series so far.

Comment

Pretty accurate account.

Comment

Great series. Big Rig was excellent!
                      Really makes you wonder...

Comment

Originally posted by Kdurham View Post
                        Great series. Big Rig was excellent!
                        Really makes you wonder...
                        Tough to watch, especially the end.

Comment

I had to bail about the time Korean got shot, that voice Kitsch used drove me nuts. Also that they seemed to want to pass off pedophilia as just a "custom".

Comment

We've liked it so far, haven't watched last nights last episode yet.

Comment

Without any proof "They" can call any group of Americans a child molesting religious cult and open fire! No questions asked. The key word is religious not child molesters that is the really FU part.
                              Last edited by texaspacker; 03-03-2018, 02:37 PM.

Comment

I had to bail about the time Korean got shot, that voice Kitsch used drove me nuts. Also that they seemed to want to pass off pedophilia as just a "custom".

Soon we’ll see the LGBQTP(edophile) group demanding respect.

Comment

Working...
                                X