Rut Report for Kimble/Mason Co.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rut Report for Kimble/Mason Co.

Anyone hunt the north-eastern side of Kimble county? Are bucks starting to show interest?

It's time for the adolescent deer (1.5 and 2.5 yo) to start nosing the does but the does are not hot and the mature bucks will wait until Thanksgiving or so.

Comment

In Mason this past weekend the young bucks were following does around but nothing really exciting.

Comment

Originally posted by treestand View Post
        It's time for the adolescent deer (1.5 and 2.5 yo) to start nosing the does but the does are not hot and the mature bucks will wait until Thanksgiving or so.
        I was hunting yesterday morning in Grimes County. At around 8:30 a doe runs through my area. An hour later I was leaving, walking down a trail through some brush and jumped a young buck. His head was down sniffing the ground. His head popped up, he looked at me and ran. I think he was following that doe.

Comment

I hunt in the NW corner of Kimble County, towards Ft McKavett, and its the same thing there. Young bucks moving around. I will be back out hunting this weekend and hopefully some of the big boys will be on the move.

Comment

Working...
          X