State Guard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jmh05 View Post
    I have to buy all of my own uniforms and some equipment. Nature of the beast. Also, if you want to know some crap- we pay for our own MRE's!

That's crazy! I had no idea National had to do that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have to buy all of my own uniforms and some equipment. Nature of the beast. Also, if you want to know some crap- we pay for our own MRE's!

That does suck, but at least you are getting paid something to drill :-) it's all good though

Comment

Yeah, they don't explain that until you get to your OBC. My uniform allowance never kept up with the uniforms I tore up in the field. Paying for C-rats and MREs was the ultimate insult.

Comment

Originally posted by Kdurham View Post
          That's crazy! I had no idea National had to do that

Just officers unless it has changed.

Comment

Does anybody know if the Texas Guard has boats when deploying for search and rescue missions during hurricanes??

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
              Does anybody know if the Texas Guard has boats when deploying for search and rescue missions during hurricanes??

Yes. You have to sign up for the Maritime regimen. They support TX game and Wildlife and CG operations.

If you are on Facebook just look up TSG. Plenty of videos and stories.

Comment

Originally posted by Kdurham View Post
                Yes. You have to sign up for the Maritime regimen. They support TX game and Wildlife and CG operations.

If you are on Facebook just look up TSG. Plenty of videos and stories.

Thanks for the info. I don't do Facebook so I will try to find the information another way. I run airboats and/or jet propelled boats daily. I am interested in acquiring additional information on the commitment required as well as if I would be an asset to them on the water.

I am still looking through my gear to see if I have anything I can send you. I will be off on Wednesday and have one last shed I need to look through. I will get with you then to see what I have available and if it might be useful for you.

Comment

Originally posted by grizzman View Post
                  Yeah, they don't explain that until you get to your OBC. My uniform allowance never kept up with the uniforms I tore up in the field. Paying for C-rats and MREs was the ultimate insult.
                  Yes Sir. A one time, lifetime $400 allowance for uniforms. That barely covers the cost of the ASU jacket these days. I agree the least they could do is pay for the MRE. Crazy huh?!

Comment

Thanks for the info. I don't do Facebook so I will try to find the information another way. I run airboats and/or jet propelled boats daily. I am interested in acquiring additional information on the commitment required as well as if I would be an asset to them on the water.

I am still looking through my gear to see if I have anything I can send you. I will be off on Wednesday and have one last shed I need to look through. I will get with you then to see what I have available and if it might be useful for you.
                    The mission of the Texas State Guard (TXSG) is to provide mission-ready military forces to assist state and local authorities in times of state emergencies; to conduct homeland security and community service activities under the umbrella of Defense Support to Civil Authorities, and to augment the Texas Army National Guard and Texas Air National Guard as required.

Comment

If you go on there, make sure to select Marine/Maritime. Give recruiter time to call you. If you don't hear from them end of week , Let me know and I can try to get a recruiter to connnect with you. I'm still waiting till Oct to hopefully be sworn in. Harvey slowed everything down.

Comment

Thanks man!

Comment

Working...
                        X