X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

State Guard?

Any members in the Texas State Guard?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The state guard is a great volunteer organization. It's really what you make of it and what you put in to it, is what you'll get out of it. There are deployments to disasters and other civil situations. You get paid for those deployments. Otherwise, most drills are volunteer and unpaid.

I'm in the Army National Guard, and outside of monetary benefits and mission task, I see not much difference between the State Guard and any other reserve component branch.

In fact the State Guard probably has a better attitude and willingness to do their job...all for very little compared to any M-day service member.

Feel free to PM me any questions.

Comment

When I was helping down in Houston for relief, I was able to work with them. I have recently enlisted.

Comment

in had heard state guards get a free hunting license every year

kronik by Diamond

Comment

Originally posted by TxKronik View Post
          in had heard state guards get a free hunting license every year

kronik by Diamond

Free CHL
          Free super combo

Comment

Originally posted by Kdurham View Post
            When I was helping down in Houston for relief, I was able to work with them. I have recently enlisted.

Good for you man. Like I said, what you put in to it, you will get out of it. If not prior service, look at the most squared away person and emulate how they wear their uniform, act etc...ask for help from your chain of command on how to do these things.

Be proud of what you are doing.

PS- if you are still in school, they will pay for tuition.

Comment

Whatever you do- don't join TXANG. 1yr till ETS and OUT the door I go!

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggwild View Post
                Whatever you do- don't join TXANG. 1yr till ETS and OUT the door I go!

What is TXANG & ETS?

Comment

Air national

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
                    What is TXANG & ETS?
                    Texas Army National Guard and Expiration Term of Service. He gets out in a year.

Actually TXARNG. Looks like he has a US Army tape over his left pocket in his avatar pic .
                    Last edited by grizzman; 09-17-2017, 01:43 PM.

Comment

I have another post looking for Army gear on here. That's only bad thing about Texas State is I have to buy all my own equipment and uniforms.

Comment

Have you gotten through the application process yet? I'm still available if you need a letter of reference.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
                          Have you gotten through the application process yet? I'm still available if you need a letter of reference.

Paperwork is being processed now and they said should be sworn in at October drill. Hurricane slowed everything and they are officially operational again this week.

I'm good on letter. They got a first hand look at me when I was working down there :-)

Comment

Thanks Gunnyart

Comment

Originally posted by Kdurham View Post
                              I have another post looking for Army gear on here. That's only bad thing about Texas State is I have to buy all my own equipment and uniforms.

I have to buy all of my own uniforms and some equipment. Nature of the beast. Also, if you want to know some crap- we pay for our own MRE's!

Comment

Working...
                              X