Where do I help next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where do I help next?

I helped down in Houston this week and now want to bring my family in Monday. We are bringing donations and want to volunteer. Where should we go? Coming from Mansfield (DFW). Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

By Monday parts of West Houston and Katy will be receding enough for folks to get in and start flood demo. Up here in Cypress it's mostly about dry out/haul out at this point and roll-off dumpsters are incredibly hard to come by. I was in a neighborhood today that got hit hard and it's like a war zone, hard to take at times but most folks are taking in much better spirits than I could.

The church near my house is fairly well organized moving out donations and sending volunteers to work. http://bayoucityfellowship.com/

Also I have run in to lots of volunteer sent out by the Foundry. http://foundrychurch.org/

But like I said, by Monday I think there will need to be a big focus on Katy and West Houston areas that are still currently under water. Probably could check with 2nd Baptist Katy campus. I'm sure they will have a well organized volunteer force out.

Comment

Thanks!!

Comment

I am going to Dickinson on Monday and Tuesday. My FIL got almost 6' in his house.

Comment

Originally posted by TP3 View Post
          I am going to Dickinson on Monday and Tuesday. My FIL got almost 6' in his house.

Wow! Prayers brother.

Comment

Thanks man. Could have been worse, he was dead set on waiting it out.
            Notice my choice of words.

On a side note, I notice you have put in a ton of effort to help. Hats off to you.

Comment

Dang! Sorry to hear and prayers up. The worst houses I have been in so far had 3-4 feet. At that point it pretty much just needs to be gutted. Felt like I needed a bio suit in some houses today. It's overwhelming and heartbreaking.

Comment

Kdurham I dont know you at all sir but you and yours are some **** fine people. Thank you for all the effort you have put in.

Comment

Yeah, his house backs up to Dickinson bayou. It got pretty bad right there at 45/517.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
                    Kdurham I dont know you at all sir but you and yours are some **** fine people. Thank you for all the effort you have put in.

All good man. Just trying to give back. We were invited to volunteer in Spring, so we will be dropping supplies off there. Hoping to find another shelter to do some work though with my family.

Comment

Thanks man. Could have been worse, he was dead set on waiting it out.

Notice my choice of words.

On a side note, I notice you have put in a ton of effort to help. Hats off to you.

Thanks TP. Really this has been more of a blessing for me to give back and it's been a humbling experience.

Comment

Waiting on Orange to open up. When it does i have some folks there that can us help for months to come. Will update when they are let back in

Comment

Looks like we are heading to Spring to drop off supplies at a distribution center. Are there any shelters that can use volunteers for the day there?

Comment

Working...
                          X