Libertarians & Conservatives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by super_dave View Post
    Ahhhh. You see, I never claimed to be the elusive libertarian. I claimed to be conservative. I also did not push my pro life views on anyone either. What I did do is quote your pro death views and ask you how/why your views on that differed from your views on business. You want a woman to be able to choose to kill an unborn human but you want a business to be forced to go against its beliefs.

I want to know why you consider this ideology libertarian

The law disagrees with you

Comment

Originally posted by XBowHunter View Post
      The law disagrees with you

Dude! Seriously! The "law" is what YOU are supposed to be against as a libertarian

Good grief. Answer the question. How is it different

Comment

Wrong

But I am tired of conservative trying to dictate their morals to the whole world
        XBow. I've tried to listen to you with an open mind. But for a libertarian, you sure are anti-conservative. You seem to be in favor of liberal laws, but against conservative laws. Not sure I've seen any negative comments about liberal ideas but plenty about conservative ideas. I'm not sure that makes you a libertarian. No offense intended, but to me you sound more like a liberal with some libertarian leanings.

I'm a conservative who thinks the government should stay out of people's bedrooms, bathrooms, healthcare, etc..

Comment

Yes

Ok, well the vast majority of Libertarians disagree with you so.........

Comment

Xbow hates conservatives forcing their morals on the rest of the population
            But who really does these things....like the liberal hand book says. accuse others of doing the things you actually do.

Forced on the American people
            trans bathrooms
            trans and gays in the boys scouts and opposite gender locker rooms
            Smoking bans
            gay marriage
            forcing business owners to provide services for gay weddings regardless if its against the business owners Christian values
            Politically correct speech restrictions ( limiting free speech)
            Muslim refugees
            mandated health care
            Carleton University faces severe criticism for its latest politically correct decision to remove weight scales from its gym and workout areas to prevent the “triggering” of overweight students.
            More liberalism forcing stupidity on people
            Principle David Frankel sent a note home to parents saying, “Students were instructed that physical contact including tag games, touch football, etc. were not allowed on the yard.”
            I could go on all day with the stupid crap liberals have forced on the American people XBOW
            why don't you list a couple that conservatives have forces on you?

I almost forgot one
            Sanctuary cities...everyone in those cities just love them some illegal alien rapist /gang members
            Last edited by flywise; 03-15-2017, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LWC View Post
              XBow. I've tried to listen to you with an open mind. But for a libertarian, you sure are anti-conservative. You seem to be in favor of liberal laws, but against conservative laws. Not sure I've seen any negative comments about liberal ideas but plenty about conservative ideas. I'm not sure that makes you a libertarian. No offense intended, but to me you sound more like a liberal with some libertarian leanings.

I'm a conservative who thinks the government should stay out of people's bedrooms, bathrooms, healthcare, etc..

You are a very unique conservative apparently.

Most want into bedrooms and bathrooms.

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
                Ok, well the vast majority of Libertarians disagree with you so.........

I'm used to standing on my own and standing up for what is right...

It's cool

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post

But who really does these things....like the liberal hand book says. accuse others of doing the things you actually do.

trans bathrooms

Smoking bans

gay marriage

forcing business owners to provide services for gay weddings regardless if its against the business owners Christian values

Muslim refugees

mandated health care

Carleton University faces severe criticism for its latest politically correct decision to remove weight scales from its gym and workout areas to prevent the “triggering” of overweight students.

Principle David Frankel sent a note home to parents saying, “Students were instructed that physical contact including tag games, touch football, etc. were not allowed on the yard.”

I could go on all day with the stupid crap liberals have forced on the American people XBOW

I almost forgot one

Sanctuary cities...everyone in those cities just love them some illegal alien rapist /gang members

War on drugs

EPA

DHS

Patriot act

DEA

at least three of those by Executive Order by Republican presidents.

Should I go on?

Comment

Libertarians & Conservatives

Originally posted by super_dave View Post
                    Dude! Seriously! The "law" is what YOU are supposed to be against as a libertarian

Good grief. Answer the question. How is it different

I have already stated in this thread that no one is 100% libertarian.

As I have stated before, if you don't agree with abortion don't have one.

There really is no point in continuing this conversation. We will just continue to disagree on what flavor of libertarianism we follow. We will never convince the other side that they're wrong.

I am personally not in favor of abortion or same-sex marriage, but who died and left me boss.

I choose to let people be adults and make their own decisions.

Live and let live.

That's my opinion, and that's the way I'm going to live my life.

I will also always side with uniting the states, instead of dividing them through states rights moral issues. That leads to segregation and division and frustration and anger and violence.

For example, what if the states got to decide on gay marriage. Would it not be funny as hell if some northeastern states no longer recognized heterosexual marriage?

What if your company told you they were moving you to New York, but New York State won't recognize your marriage, lol [emoji23]

Comment

War on drugs

EPA

DHS

Patriot act

DEA

at least three of those by Executive Order by Republican presidents.

Should I go on?

Which 3? Did you even look up the origins of any of these?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

So, let me try and understand,
                        You claim conservatives force our MORALS on the American public and then counter my list of moral laws and executive orders by libs with the EPA, DHS AND THE DEA as being equivalent?

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
                          Which 3? Did you even look up the origins of any of these?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Richard Nixon – EPA, DEA

George Bush – DHS

Comment

So, let me try and understand,
                            You claim conservatives force our MORALS on the American public and then counter my list of moral laws and executive orders by libs with the EPA, DHS AND THE DEA as being equivalent?

Don't forget the patriot act.

All of them are violations against citizens if you ask me. More power to the government, less power for the people

Especially department of homeland security and the DEA

Comment

trans bathrooms

Smoking bans

gay marriage

Muslim refugees

mandated health care

I almost forgot one

Take out the issues driven by Biblically-motivated discrimination and oppression and you've got a good point.

Comment

Richard Nixon – EPA, DEA

George Bush – DHS

DHS exists via the Homeland Security Act. A law passed by congress, not an executive order. All Bush did was appoint Tom Ridge to a non cabinet position to takeover a department that would be created as law by congress.

War on drugs was Herbert Hoover a dem but both red and blue have enforced it for the last 100 yrs

Patriot Act by definition not an executive order rather an act of congress.

DEA and EPA both Nixons babies.

Comment

Working...
                                X