QAD Fletching contact

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

QAD Fletching contact

I'm having some contact issues with my QAD. How do I adjust the timing just a little for my fletching to just clear. I've tried rotation the nock a little but I'm still having contact. My accuracy is still good even though...still holding about a 3in group at 40. I don't have time to go to a shop and just need a slight timing adjustment. Here's a pic of the contact after a couple weeks of shooting

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1379433875437.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	24987361

Here's how its set on my bow

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1379434288745.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	24987363

it does not appear the rest is centered to the shelf which can cause bounce back off the shelf. if it is centered then I would check to see if the measurement on the release string is at least 3 inches below the shelf. Also at full draw there are 2 lines on the rest one on the finger paddle side and one on the adjustment side. these should line up before full draw is achieved and be lined up at full draw. if this is not happening then the string needs to be set lower on the cable to allow for full timing. Timing stings should be served in to the cable and or used with the tools that came with the rest not secured with nocks.

Comment

The rest is pretty centered I had to make a few minor adjustment when BH tuning. It tuned in perfect with BH and FP shaving fltching and busting nocks at 40. Yes the lines look lined up full draw. I never had contact until I put new strings on. BowZone did the change and set it up and their work is great there. I hiess ill have to take it in and have a minor adjustment done. The timing string is served into the cable.

Comment

It's pretty obvious... Someone built your bow backwards!

Comment

On a serious note you will probably need two people or a flexible neck. On the side of your rest on the thumb flippy (yes that's the technical term) part there is a small white line, there should also be one on the body of the rest. When at full draw these lines should be lined up with each other, assuring you are timed right. If you're not, the lines will pass each other.

I couldn't figure out a better way to word it, so hopefully you caught the gist of it.

Comment

Originally posted by ETABNT View Post
            it does not appear the rest is centered to the shelf which can cause bounce back off the shelf. if it is centered then I would check to see if the measurement on the release string is at least 3 inches below the shelf. Also at full draw there are 2 lines on the rest one on the finger paddle side and one on the adjustment side. these should line up before full draw is achieved and be lined up at full draw. if this is not happening then the string needs to be set lower on the cable to allow for full timing. Timing stings should be served in to the cable and or used with the tools that came with the rest not secured with nocks.
            I tend to think that the rest is not aligned with the centershot and you are getting bounce back from the rest.

How is the level of the arrow?

Oh by the way I am no where near a professional just stating things that I have seen with my personal experiences with QAD.

Comment

Originally posted by BigFoot View Post
              It's pretty obvious... Someone built your bow backwards!
              Lol its right handed for me.....

Comment

Originally posted by BigFoot View Post
                On a serious note you will probably need two people or a flexible neck. On the side of your rest on the thumb flippy (yes that's the technical term) part there is a small white line, there should also be one on the body of the rest. When at full draw these lines should be lined up with each other, assuring you are timed right. If you're not, the lines will pass each other.

I couldn't figure out a better way to word it, so hopefully you caught the gist of it.
                Good info, I'm having the same issue and shooting the same group at 40 yards. I'm not sure that it's even and issue, just like everything working right.

Comment

I had bad contact with mine and it turns out that the holder wasn't dropping completely. Had to have Cinnamon Creek adjust it for me. They raised the release and d-loop so the holder wasn't hitting the shelf. Fixed the problem completely.

Comment

Originally posted by ecallarman View Post
                    I tend to think that the rest is not aligned with the centershot and you are getting bounce back from the rest.

How is the level of the arrow?

Oh by the way I am no where near a professional just stating things that I have seen with my personal experiences with QAD.
                    The rest is set where the techs at BowZone set it and I never had a contact issue with it there until after I had a new string put on.....the rest only had to be moved maybe an 1/8 of an inch right when I BH tuned a month and a half ago when I got new ST Mags. They fly perfect with my FP's where my rest is right now. The draw lines on the rest look like they are lined up pretty close. I guess ill draw it and check again

Comment

The boys at bow zone might not have timed it right after putting on a new string and if you have moved the rest in or out or up or down it will need to be re timed.

Comment

Originally posted by crash8005 View Post
                        I had bad contact with mine and it turns out that the holder wasn't dropping completely. Had to have Cinnamon Creek adjust it for me. They raised the release and d-loop so the holder wasn't hitting the shelf. Fixed the problem completely.
                        Same for me. Had hell with mine recently and this was the solution.

Comment

Working...
                        X