Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bottle calf

Hello,
    Guys I'm looking for a bottle calf for my son for the Bucket calf show in October. He's 3, and I need a calf born on or after June 1st.

Let me know if you have some info !

Looking to spend around 250 - 400 depending what breed the calf is.
    Thanks

Whats a bottle calf? One the won't suckle or mama wont nurse and you have to bottle feed?

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
      Whats a bottle calf? One the won't suckle or mama wont nurse and you have to bottle feed?
      Yes and dairy bull calves that have been pulled off their mamas.

Comment

back in day when I was farm boy..Bottle calf was Orphans mom died etc and as above said
        ....sometimes giving birth..We had ranch across street (not ours) and ranch rider would always bring us (several a year)newborn that mom had died and give them to us...He said they would die cause they did not have time to care for them. It was really a Fun Learning exp. to be Mom...

Comment

We have had 3. The last one would run with the dogs when I threw them bumpers. I'm not saying the calf cared about fetching he would just run with the dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by nativeaustin View Post
            We have had 3. The last one would run with the dogs when I threw them bumpers. I'm not saying the calf cared about fetching he would just run with the dogs.

That’s good stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We're showing our first one this year at our county fair. We called an order buyer friend of ours and he was able to get us one in a couple of days. Let me know if I can help you with locating one.

Comment

Originally posted by MasonCo. View Post
                Hello,
                Guys I'm looking for a bottle calf for my son for the Bucket calf show in October. He's 3, and I need a calf born on or after June 1st.

Let me know if you have some info !

Looking to spend around 250 - 400 depending what breed the calf is.
                Thanks
                Can you elaborate? They now let kids show that young?

Comment

Originally posted by kenner27 View Post
                  Can you elaborate? They now let kids show that young?

In this category yes, bucket calf is what they call it. Basically just to start the kids to learn responsibility with the animal and to form a bond with the calf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                  X