A few stings beats a broken leg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few stings beats a broken leg

So yesterday afternoon I was on an 8ft ladder with a tray of tools with plans to fix a hole the squirrels chewed in a soffit . I just got started when wasps started boiling out of the hole right in front of my face. My first impulse was to jump - a move I could have made successfully in my younger years. Somehow in that instant I remembered how unkind gravity and the sudden stop at the end can be to men my age so I chose to come down the ladder in an orderly fashion. Last night my face was swole up like the elephant man from 5-6 stings but that is a wise trade-off I suppose.

You know the rules.... pics!

Comment

Originally posted by 88 Bound View Post

Or it didn’t happen

Comment

Originally posted by Phdan View Post
        Or it didn’t happen
        I'm in for the pics....

All kidding aside I'm glad your okay for the most part. Had a guy on our lease break his leg during turkey season this year. He was also using a ladder and he fell off (weird kinda accident on his part but it happens). Luckily I was at the lease with him and helped to get him to where he needed to go (he's retired and hunts alone during the week at times).
        Last edited by BradBryant1000; 06-11-2018, 05:11 PM.

Comment

Hope your feel-n better today brother.

Comment

Smart move be John. Wasp stings suck but sure beat a fracture.

Comment

I didn’t think about taking pics until this morning and the swelling had mostly gone down - back to my normal ugly self instead of puffy-ugly

Comment

Jerp hurt himself again. Here’s my shocked face.

Glad it wasn’t worse.

Comment

Ouch! I think I woulda bailed!
                  My Flickr Photos

Comment

I somehow knew you would chime in, Jeff!

Comment

So John, who are you calling to repair the soffit

Glad it wasn't any worse, at our age it takes forever to heal.

Comment

Good thing you didnt bail off, it could of ended up way worse, glad you are ok, relatively speaking......I suppose the wasps got a good bath of Raid this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by texan16 View Post
                          Good thing you didnt bail off, it could of ended up way worse, glad you are ok, relatively speaking......I suppose the wasps got a good bath of Raid this morning.
                          Yep I went back up at dawn this morning and emptied about half a can in the hole. I will try again but the neighbors may wonder why why I am wearing a deep sea diving outfit

Comment

Here are the pictures of why he didn’t move when the wasp started hitting him lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Glad you're OK. I had a similar issue last year with wasps. They were getting into my soffit and I must have used 4 or 5 cans of wasp killer and still didn't get them all. There were at least 50 dead ones laying in the grass under the spot where they were getting in. I tried a powder insecticide and I think they ate it. They were taunting me. So, I set everything up ahead of time, filled up on some liquid courage. About 2am I went out there and squirted a bunch of the powder in the hole and then sealed it off with silicone. I haven't seen a wasp since.

Comment

Working...
                              X