Cleaning a roto molded cooler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cleaning a roto molded cooler

What works best ? I started using simple green a few years ago then switched to 409. The 409 worked really welll Then onto scrubbing bubbles which works even better. Most recently I bought a spray bottle of zep muti purpose / degreaser spray on clearance at Tractor Supply for $2.00. Wow stuff works excellent.

Pressure washer

Comment

I’m a fan of Purple Power but may have to try the Zep

Comment

Bleach and a water hose , sometimes a white bar towel with water and bleach if something is really not right

Comment

I washed two of my coolers this afternoon. Started with the scrubbing bubbles. I completely forget about the zep I bought a few months back. So I tried it on the bottom side of the coolers. Nearly took all the black marks off of my RTIC.

Comment

What the heck are y’all doing to your coolers? I’ve only had to ever use soap and water...

Comment

I use dawn and a scrub brush for my fish cooler. When the smell lingers in pour a little bleach in there and rinse it around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Didn’t think about dawn good idea thanks

Comment

Engine/tire cleaner at the car wash. Cost a dollar. you're welcome.

Comment

Wesley's bleach white tire cleaner. Best stuff I have ever found for cleaning a cooler. Spray it on. Let it sit. Hose it out really well.

Comment

Water.

Water and bleach if it gets funky.

I don't worry about the marks.

Comment

Originally posted by 88 Bound View Post
                        What the heck are y’all doing to your coolers? I’ve only had to ever use soap and water...

Considering my 125 quart cooler cost as much as my first truck I take care of it[emoji23]. I’ve only ever needed soap and water. Most of the time they have drinks in them and get emptied out and rinsed out. If by chance I kill a deer it goes to the processor and when I pick my deer up from them I wash it with dawn when I get home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I processed a deer this past season and put the bones and trimmings back in my cooler so I could go dump them the next morning. Well I forgot and then went to work for my 3 days before remembering..... I've tried scrubbing bubbles,dawn,baking soda, etc. Finally found on bisons website to use Clorox anywhere and a green kitchen scrub sponge. Just found some of the Clorox anywhere so I will report back with how it works. My cooler is funky right now haha

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Usually just soap and water. If it has developed a funk of some kind I will add bleach and let it sit overnight. I used simple green on a cooler that had food left in it for months after a beach trip. While it cleaned the cooler, the simple green smell never went away.

Comment

I’m really not looking to get the scuff marks off just the red dirt and grime that gets built up after a few trips to the lease. Also If I leave drinks in the cooler for days after the ice melts seems to have a dirty film on the inside.

Comment

Working...
                              X