Pickle juice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pickle juice?

What is the ingredient in pickle juice that makes cramps go away so fast? I woke up with cramps in both legs last night and thought I was going to have to call 911. We had just enough juice left to do the trick. If I knew what the ingredient is I can make up something. We don't eat enough pickles to have any handy most of the time.

It's the sodium and vinegar.

Comment

Mustard is good for cramps too... Acetic acid

It just tastes like sour ****

Comment

Check your local store for these

Click image for larger version

Name:	E75B3016-E220-445C-8850-A31ABB3AE227.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	24540193

Comment

i think its just the salt content. they do make a commercial type "pickle juice" that comes with more electrolytes and stuff in it. made just for cramps. its not as strong as straight pickle juice. doesnt taste real good. we get it and take it track meets for our track kids on hot days. heck one place we went actually had pickle juice popcicles. they sold like hot cakes.

Comment

Or just buy more pickles and save the juice.

Comment

Originally posted by Edward F View Post

[ATTACH]909750[/ATTACH]
              Now we're getting somewhere! I start lookin for some of this. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Edward F View Post

[ATTACH]909750[/ATTACH]

I am an Arborist and sweat so much this time of year that I change clothes 2xday. I keep this stuff and PJ Sports Drinks in the cooler with the water and sports drinks.

Comment

Two words

Essential oils!

Comment

Get some pickle pops, they are usually sold with the pickles. They are like fun pops but filled with pickle juice. Great frozen snack for a hot day with cramps

Comment

Really?

Pretty sure it's bacon grease

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                        Now we're getting somewhere! I start lookin for some of this. Thanks.
                        Academy sell it

Comment

Potassium deficiency can also cause painful cramps - oranges, bananas I'm sure there's more I had to go to the hospital with my neck in a locked position from the muscles cramping and a potassium shot cured it instantly - they said it's harder on the brain to do the shot and better if I eat more of these

Comment

Apple cider vinegar. Drink a shot or pill form.

Comment

Used to have the same issue. I started taking a potassium supplement every morning and again every evening (2 each 99mg. capsules), and my cramps went away completely... Some good foods for potassium obviously helps too such as bananas and spinach and such.

This seems to be especially helpful for those who may be on a diet to limit salt intake (sodium)...

Comment

Working...
                              X