Text vs Call

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Text vs Call

I don't get it. I asked my 20 year old daughter why she thinks it's easier to tap out a whole conversation instead of just calling and she said because I'm young. I guess that makes me old at 56. I just don't understand. Am I wrong?

Communicating should be taught in the same manner as learning how to shake a woman’s hand. My mom taught me, when I was young, that when shaking a woman’s hand you should match the woman’s pressure. When I explain communication to young people, I encourage them to communicate how others like to communicate.

If they want a phone call, call them. If they prefer meeting in person, schedule a lunch. If they text, then you text. When it comes to the young people on my team, I encourage them to be flexible and effective in how they communicate.

Comment

If toooo long even my 20 year old says...….. lets talk!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Robertt View Post
        I don't get it. I asked my 20 year old daughter why she thinks it's easier to tap out a whole conversation instead of just calling and she said because I'm young. I guess that makes me old at 56. I just don't understand. Am I wrong?
        If someone is calling me, somebody better be dying

Comment

**** brother! Prayers sent!!!!!

Comment

Text vs Call

Because when you text, you can be doing something completely different than you let on in the text. Be with anyone and be anywhere, without them even knowing you are “talking” to someone. To talk on the phone requires someone to actually stop what they are doing, and let everyone around them know that they are talking to someone. Calling requires a little
            more thought process and effort which a lot of people don’t have these days.

Comment

Be happy she doesn't Facetime you all the time.

Comment

More than two texts, and your phone will be ringing.

Hate long text messages almost as much as I dislike group texts.....

Comment

I used to not like texting but prefer it now. I am pretty hard at hearing and I can always get things right when texting. If some one gives me instructions, measurements, directions, times or prices, I have it in writing so later on, I can back up what I am doing with what they said in the texts that they sent. If I'm on a ladder and holding some thing in place and get a call or in a meeting and get a call, it is disrupting to try and answer it but a text is right there waiting and I can answer it when I get the chance. Also when I get a text, it gives me time to think my answer over before I answer back.

Comment

Originally posted by 44mAG View Post
                    Because when you text, you can be doing something completely different than you let on in the text. Be with anyone and be anywhere, without them even knowing you are “talking” to someone. To talk on the phone requires someone to actually stop what they are doing, and let everyone around them know that they are talking to someone. Calling requires a little
                    more thought process and effort which a lot of people don’t have these days.
                    Never thought of it that way but so true

Comment

Originally posted by Robertt View Post
                      At 56 your old.
                      I am 49 so Im still young
                      Really depends on who it is..... some folks id rather text, others like family and like 2 buddy's I want to talk to. Everyone else should text me.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckley99 View Post
                        Communicating should be taught in the same manner as learning how to shake a woman’s hand. My mom taught me, when I was young, that when shaking a woman’s hand you should match the woman’s pressure. When I explain communication to young people, I encourage them to communicate how others like to communicate.

If they want a phone call, call them. If they prefer meeting in person, schedule a lunch. If they text, then you text. When it comes to the young people on my team, I encourage them to be flexible and effective in how they communicate.
                        I like that response. I am going to use it. Thanks.

Comment

It is not just the youngsters that are this way. I know someone in his 70's that will not answer the phone. But, will text all day long. Gets old. It's like he needs permission from his wife to talk on the phone.

Comment

I can’t stand to talk on the phone. Emergency or work ok but otherwise text me.

Comment

Living in the country my cell signal is poor at best and it is frustrating as he!! trying to talk on the phone and every other word is cut out. Dont have a landline. Texting is best option. Plus I dont like talking on the phone......

Comment

Working...
                              X