Good rubber coating for camper?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good rubber coating for camper?

Got a 97 Dutchman than has a very thin rubber roof. What’s a good product for this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Solar Flex, available at Home Depot or Lowes in the roofing section. Lowes brand is made by Henry and they have a 7 and 10 year.

Do your research, but it seems to be widely recognized as the best for travel trailers. I got 5 gallons and did 3 coats. They have and elastomeric caulk to go with it for penetrations and other stuff. Had great luck with both in the past.
    Last edited by Dale Moser; 05-07-2018, 09:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
      Solar Flex, available at Home Depot or Lowes in the roofing section. Lowes brand is made by Henry and they have a 7 and 10 year.

Do your research, but it seems to be widely recognized as the best for travel trailers. I got 5 gallons and did 3 coats. They have and elastomeric caulk to go with it for penetrations and other stuff. Had great luck with both in the past.

That’s what I was looking at, but none of the reviews have it going on an RV. https://www.homedepot.com/p/Henry-4-...-202091022-_-N Thanks

Comment

Is this all roll-on stuff?

Comment

Yep. UV resistant, flexible, and easy to roll on.

Comment

i used it on my 1999 Coleman pop-up 2 years ago and it is still holding up like new. Highly recomend.

Comment

Lowes brand Henry is what I used. Greatness

Comment

Yep....just clean your roof with some bleach water, rinse well and let dry. Roll it on.

NP1 Sealant is the best for seams and cracks. Where gloves when working with it....it dont come off!

Comment

Check out my old rebuild thread

I have the stuff on there that I used for my old camper I had. Worked like a charm , did 2 coats and it came out like new .

Last edited by alec73065; 05-08-2018, 06:12 AM.

Comment

Well I used the Henry 587 from Home Depot. I wish I would have taken a pic before, it was all cracked, and the black rubber was showing through.

Comment

Looks good, I've got to do mine this weekend.

Comment

Put a coat of this on ours yesterday. Rolled on really nice. A bit pricy but I took the plunge after reading the reviews.

Heng's Rubber Roof Coating - 1 Gallon https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004A30MGA..._dtIaBbJTWS7V7

Comment

I used Henry Tropicool. 2 coats and no more leaks.

Comment

Heng's is very good for RV roofs.

Comment

Working...
                            X